Nutrition help needed

MMAFuture

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Alright so I am just starting out with Mixed Martial Arts, I weigh about 158 right now, and I am looking to put on some weight to fight in the 170lb weight class... I am 17 and have tried protein powders and all of that stuff, but I need a strict diet of what I can and can't eat, and when I need to eat, and which supplements I need to start taking... I am not just looking to put on weight, I also want a Nutrition Program that will help me performance wise in the ring.

If you have any advice please post here.

how tall are you? if you are under 5'10 i would say try to gain about 7-8 pounds and plan on cutting to 155 to fight. Realistically, to fight at 170 you gotta be walkin around at around 180. The key to gaining weight isn't just what you eat, its how you eat it and when. Make sure you are getting protein within 45 minutes of after you lift, and make sure you are liftin low reps heavy weight.

I am actually about 6'2... which is why I think that I would dominate at 170

MMAFuture said:
but I need a strict diet of what I can and can't eat, and when I need to eat, and which supplements I need to start taking... I am not just looking to put on weight, I also want a Nutrition Program that will help me performance wise in the ring.

If you have any advice please post here.

Ok, I"ll figure it all out tonight, teach you the basics of whats good food and bad, write out a list of good foods and ones to avoid. I'll list when you should eat certain foods down to the minute. I can create a document stating every supplelement known and how it might affect you and my personal opinion of if you should take it. This will obviously include dosage amount and time to take it.

If you see a book that might have some good information in it, let me know and I can read it and let you know the relevant information. If you give me your address I can come over and cook the meals and possibly feed you.

You should use google to find out specific things, and if that doesn't help you can ask a more specific question, such as "is this [insert particular food] good" or "what do you think of this particular supplement that contains these ingrediants..." Even a "this is what I'm doing, do you see anything wrong with it."

Lastly, for the most part you know whats good and bad. Pizza bad, chicken sandwhich good. The VAST majority of dieting and nutrition is simple and isn't rocket science.

jayyon39 said:
how tall are you? if you are under 5'10 i would say try to gain about 7-8 pounds and plan on cutting to 155 to fight. Realistically, to fight at 170 you gotta be walkin around at around 180. The key to gaining weight isn't just what you eat, its how you eat it and when. Make sure you are getting protein within 45 minutes of after you lift, and make sure you are liftin low reps heavy weight.
Exactly right. The tips given here are very simple but exactly what you need. To bulk, it's when and what not you eat, and how you train with weights. Good shit jayyon39.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back