Nunes out until November at least

Yes, but Holm side never signed the bout agreement
that is why UFC pulled it the day before tix went on sale
Right. Makes sense now.

I bet Aspen is extra pissed off today though.

Right. Makes sense now.

I bet Aspen is extra pissed off today though.

Yeah

The way it seemed to go down was ...
UFC offered the fight to Holly & Aspen
Aspen signed the bout agreement ASAP
Holly's team used that to try to negotiate her new contract & they did not agree to it.

Maybe ladd/Holm happens now?

What the hell is with all this retirement talk, as soon as somebody gets a belt nowadays it's "a couple more fights then I'm done". They want to go out as a champion or what's the deal exactly?
Probably because the UFC pays like shit?

She definitely needs to be stripped of the 135 belt if she doesn't fight at UFC 237. May is 1 year since it's been defended. I mean D.C. was stripped for not defending 205 for 11 months.

Yeah

Holly's team used that to try to negotiate her new contract & they did not agree to it.

Seems super shady... Call it smart business, but to me that kind of stuff is just stabbing a fellow professional in the back.

Now I worry that the belt is out of action until November, and it's Holly Holm fighting for it after having waited with Amanda... Basically sabotaged Ladd, and everyone else. Wouldn't even surprise me at this stage if their events were on the phone to eachother to plot it.

I hope Ladd does get to fight Holm and smashes her... But MMA and justice are almost never seen together.

December? Ffs

So thats two more division on hold

Fuck it, cyborg v anderson for an interim belt then..... :)
Considering they are the only two other fighters in their division, they deserve the TS!

Holy fuck.

If this is true she needs to be stripped of both belts right now. Not defending for that long when you are healthy is inexcusable.

Strip her and have GDR vs Holly for the BW belt.

OR Holly vs Megan for the FW belt.

giphy.gif

Bantamweight dead confirmed, time to get rid off this pointless division with less than 10 fighters active

I can accept that she doesn't think that she can do 237. But chilling for 10-11 months while holding 2 belts is kinda of lame. If I'm an executive, I'm thinking I can't have my champs sitting on the sidelines like this.

Yeah

no chance. Holm doesnt risk a title shot against Aspen

This is simple. When you're the champ, you can make money at appearances and with sponsorships and whatnot, without fighting. Nobody wants to lose the belt, so they delay fighting.

Easy solution: when champs delay / turn down fights, etc., they need to be immediately stripped instead of waiting for an interim belt.

why don't the ufc just shut the doors till November.

champs holding the belt hostage. is number 1 bullshit.

Back