Nunes finally rises to contention

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
I always said she was one of the most dangerous matchups for Rowdy and here we are... still would like to see what her cardio is like these days, but it may not matter so much in a fight against Rousey since that'll probably end quickly either way lol.

I would rather watch her with Rowdy than Tate 3.

She looked absolutely fantastic against an elite opponent. Her tdd was stellar and striking and jj was very crisp. She needs a few more fights though. Maybe a fight with Alexis Davis and a rematch with cat.

Nunes won me some big money tonight. Been saying all week she'd dominate McCann, couldn't believe all the MMA sites picking against her.

Let's hope Rousey Tate 3 gets pulled and Nunes put in there.

Nunes won me some big money tonight. Been saying all week she'd dominate McCann, couldn't believe all the MMA sites picking against her.

Let's hope Rousey Tate 3 gets pulled and Nunes put in there.

The problem right now is that Rhonda does not appear to have anyone left to fight so they are rushing girls in there that are not ready. Amanda just turned 27 she is young and has time to keep getting better. She may have the skill set to beat Rhonda but I don't think she is ready to fight her right now.

She looked absolutely fantastic against an elite opponent. Her tdd was stellar and striking and jj was very crisp. She needs a few more fights though. Maybe a fight with Alexis Davis and a rematch with cat.

Those would both be rematches lol... I don't know if Kaufman makes sense because she just lost, but that would be a very winnable fight for Nunes, or if you want to make it even easier for her feed her Betch.

I was surprised tonight. Didn't think Nunes would be able to overcome Sara's wrestling after the way she performed against Cat, but she did well tonight.

I was surprised tonight. Didn't think Nunes would be able to overcome Sara's wrestling after the way she performed against Cat, but she did well tonight.

Well FemCarwin was destroying Cat too until her cardio ran dry.

Those would both be rematches lol... I don't know if Kaufman makes sense because she just lost, but that would be a very winnable fight for Nunes, or if you want to make it even easier for her feed her Betch.

LOL what? Those are both really good fights for her.

The problem right now is that Rhonda does not appear to have anyone left to fight so they are rushing girls in there that are not ready. Amanda just turned 27 she is young and has time to keep getting better. She may have the skill set to beat Rhonda but I don't think she is ready to fight her right now.

No, I don't think she'd beat her right now, but it's a damn sight more interesting on paper than Tate/Rousey 3. Tate has had 2 shots and although she was competitive in the second fight, she showed nothing that said to me she could ever beat Rousey. Nunes at least is something new.

Then, on the other hand I wouldn't want to see Amanda get thrown in at the deep end and get embarrassed and suffer a massive setback (like Zingano, Carmouche). She certainly looks like a good challenger though.

LOL what? Those are both really good fights for her.

That's what I'm saying. I meant that Bethe would be an easy fight while Kaufman would be a good test, but not a bad matchup for her.

Nunes vs. Juicetino for #1 Contender on the same card as Rousey vs. Tate III?

Well FemCarwin was destroying Cat too until her cardio ran dry.

Huh WHAT ? "Destroying" ? She was destroying NO ONE...Zingano was coming off her year long hiatus for a very serious injury and she is well known to be a very slow starter too...Zingano totally MAULED AND DESTROYED Nunes...

If Zingano had nothing for Rousey, Nunes will get murdered in a few seconds as well IMO.

No one is on Rousey's level on the WMMA World. No..ONE..

If Zingano had nothing for Rousey, Nunes will get murdered in a few seconds as well IMO.

No one is on Rousey's level on the WMMA World. No..ONE..

Probably, but Nunes is one of the only ones with the KO power to make it interesting. Above even Cyborg in that regard. Hence FemCarwin.

And she almost finished Cat before the Carwin-esque gas tank came into play.

Then, on the other hand I wouldn't want to see Amanda get thrown in at the deep end and get embarrassed and suffer a massive setback (like Zingano, Carmouche). She certainly looks like a good challenger though.

In a situation like this, I go back to Gsp/Hughes.. GSP got his first title shot based only on the circumstances that existed at the time. Matt Hughes had unexpectedly lost the title to BJ Penn, who then left the company. So Matt Hughes was put up against GSP for essentially a vacant title and GSP simply was not ready to face matt.. However a few years later GSP not only was ready to face Matt, he went out there and absolutely destroyed him. Fighting very often is a lot like life, timing is everything.

Wow really ? Contenders like Bethe beat Duke and Bazsler to get a title shot but Nunes has to beat de Randamie,Baszler,McMann,Davis,Zingano for a TS ?

Back