News NSAC Release Masvidal/Nate Diaz Purses For Boxing Match - Boxing REALLY Paying More?

Masvidal and Nate Diaz are in that "carnival fighter" tier that make a different kind of money than even MMA champions.

Somebody is cleaning their money or take a huge financial hit

Final total Nates prob getting north of a Milly. Jorge just under a million
It’s 8 o’clock and the pbp is at page 2. All they are getting is their orginal purse and whatever their sponsors are paying. This event is going to tank horribly

People tend to forget that these guys wouldn't be able to do this if not for the platform that the UFC gave then in order to make a name for themselves. No one would care a lick about a boxing match between these two if they hadn't gotten famous fighting in the UFC. And,

"Lol, they are getting paid more!!1"

yet when UFCs pay outs are released, its the full amount and its U Fight Cheap.

Lets be honest we have no clue what these people make and never really will.

I'm surprised I heard about this. The only times I seem to hear about MMA guys boxing is Francis, Conor or all the guys fighting Jake Paul. Things like Vitor boxing Evander or Anderson boxing Chavez Jr. still seem unreal to me because I never heard about them until long after they happened. (I just googled Anderson to make sure he did box Chavez and found he he knocked Tito Ortiz unconscious in a boxing match? WTF?)

Anyways, given Nate's boxing vs. Jake Paul, this is either a work or Nate is going to get his ass kicked.
I just found out pettis boxed roy jones last year while watching

People tend to forget that these guys wouldn't be able to do this if not for the platform that the UFC gave then in order to make a name for themselves. No one would care a lick about a boxing match between these two if they hadn't gotten famous fighting in the UFC. And,
I don't think people forget this. They just find it ridiculous that the UFC pays so low that some guys can leave MMA entirely and make more than the UFC would pay them purely based on their UFC rep.

I'm surprised I heard about this. The only times I seem to hear about MMA guys boxing is Francis, Conor or all the guys fighting Jake Paul. Things like Vitor boxing Evander or Anderson boxing Chavez Jr. still seem unreal to me because I never heard about them until long after they happened. (I just googled Anderson to make sure he did box Chavez and found he he knocked Tito Ortiz unconscious in a boxing match? WTF?)

Anyways, given Nate's boxing vs. Jake Paul, this is either a work or Nate is going to get his ass kicked.
anderson-silva-tito-ortiz.gif

This is being co-promoted by Nate's and Jorge's promotions, though, so this isn't all they're getting.
This, people need to stop ignoring this cause it's a huge deal

The co-promotions pay these guys the purses, pay all the other fighters and expenses, then after that all the profits from the tickets and advertising and sponsors belong to Nate and Jorge

Did you forget this was PPV? I don't know the buys of course but they both making more than their base salary.

The event literally sold out the Honda Center... that is 18k tickets.

The amount of hilariously stupid posts in this thread, even by sherdog standards, its absolutely bonkers.
The entire arena was blue on Thursday. Comp ticket city

The thing that surprised me was Pettis was making more money on the same card than Masvidal, thought Nate vs Masvidal was the entire point of the event.

Didn't realize how big the card was, def could've trimmed it a bit to save on costs
Very true, and remember usually at boxing events no one shows up until the main event or the fight before the main event.

In UFC there is many fans in the prelims and its always full at start of main card, but boxing its never like that.

I haven't been to a boxing event live in about 14 years, but when I used to go it was like a ghost arena until the main event... I felt like I was there to watch ''Phantom of the Opera'' during the undercard bouts haha :D

If boxing didn't make you more money than in the UFC, then why all the UFC fighters begging for a boxing match?
Because Boxing payouts rely heavily on if you’re a draw. Because some of the UFC Fighters who are begging for Boxing matches are pretty delusional when it comes to their star power and the demand. Your average mid tier UFC Fighters gets paid better than mid tier Boxers. The gap of pay between Boxing Champs and UFC Champs is significant though.

Back