• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NSAC reacts to Conor McGregor’s “disappointing” complaints about Mayweather stoppage

Would've looked something like this on the feet if, of course, had the ref. not stepped in:

Daniel_Gallemore_vs._Maurice_Jackson_medium.gif
Who is that ref and does he still work? Wtf

He didn't want anymore. He knows the rules, if he did want it to continue he should have fought back or showed some defense instead of being defenseless up against the ropes. He wanted it to end but is now saying it was too early to save face and his pathetic nut gobblers are buying it lol.
I know . See my other post about the stoppage I agree. He seems to have had a change of heart now though lol

Conor appeared tired so while he was rolling with the punches and could have lasted a bit longer he was getting hit and looked wobbly. Conor knows the refs within their discretion to call a fight with that kind of poor defense and no offense. I would have liked it to have continued a little longer for stronger clarity but ok with the refs decision. Floyd appeared well in control and for Conor’s safety was prudent to call it.

it was too early, the ref should have let mayweather pound him out. if anything, the ref did a favor to mcgregor
You're right cause the idiots who spent 100 bucks deserved a knock down

Conor will live for an extra few years coz of that stoppage, he should be thankful.

Mr. Panic wrestling double tap wanted to go out on his sword, you say.

Here I figured he was happy to have a convenient ego saving excuse.
Ever fought or sparred heavy before? Its easy to physically wilt when your body can't go any longer. Afterwards, you just wished you could have put in more, even if you weren't able. McGregor is human, no doubt he thinks he could have done more, but The ref knew better.

He does one double leg TD when in trouble and suddenly the guy is a quitting machine?

How many fighters have been in a RNC by a Diaz and survived?

Conor is no Frankie Edgar, but this McTapper and Panic Wrestler stuff is a joke. MMA fighters specifically train to shoot if you get rocked, and everyone taps when a Diaz gets your neck. Even Nate commented on it afterwards and defended Conor - he had the choke in and he wasn't going anywhere. He was forced to tap or nap. No shame in tapping, unless you're an armchair MMA fan on Shersog who's never rolled before.

Ever fought or sparred heavy before? Its easy to physically wilt when your body can't go any longer. Afterwards, you just wished you could have put in more, even if you weren't able. McGregor is human, no doubt he thinks he could have done more, but The ref knew better.

He does one double leg TD when in trouble and suddenly the guy is a quitting machine?

Conor is no Frankie Edgar, but this McTapper and Panic Wrestler stuff is a joke. MMA fighters specifically train to shoot if you get rocked, and everyone taps when a Diaz gets your neck. Even Nate commented on it afterwards and defended Conor - he had the choke in and he wasn't going anywhere. He was forced to tap or nap. No shame in tapping, unless you're an armchair MMA fan on Shersog who's never rolled before.
The panic wrestling myth again. You rustled boi?

The panic wrestling myth again. You rustled boi?
It's no myth if you say so many people say it's true, but again, where's it coming from? It's a well established training technique.

I'm not sure what this panic wrestler thing is supposed to mean - he got rocked, he was gassed...even if it was just one and not the other...does it matter?

If he went out on the feet, would that change the way Conor haters would have viewed his performance? Probably not, it would just feed more fuel to the fire, "he got TKOd so he was never a good striker". I was barely a Conor fan, but I respect his belief in himself. He took the Mendes and Diaz fights on short notice because so many of his opponents always pull out, he was in trouble in both, he won against Mendes and rematched Diaz straight away again at WW and got the win.

There's a laundry list of top fighters who pick and choose who they fight in the UFC, one of whom is even the champ, yet Conor takes all sorts of crazy fights that he probably shouldn't. Because he gets into trouble in one, he's suddenly a quitter?

He's not a five round fighter - it's no secret. But he puts the vast majority of opponents away in the first two rounds. Constant decision fighters are the most hated on Sherdog, so you have to be one or the other. You have to move up in weight and take on heavier champs, otherwise you're ridiculed for it (GSP and Anderson), and if you do, you'll be ridiculed for not taking on your current contenders anyway.

You can't win on Sherdog.

It's no myth if you say so many people say it's true, but again, where's it coming from? It's a well established training technique.

I'm not sure what this panic wrestler thing is supposed to mean - he got rocked, he was gassed...even if it was just one and not the other...does it matter?

If he went out on the feet, would that change the way Conor haters would have viewed his performance? Probably not, it would just feed more fuel to the fire, "he got TKOd so he was never a good striker". I was barely a Conor fan, but I respect his belief in himself. He took the Mendes and Diaz fights on short notice because so many of his opponents always pull out, he was in trouble in both, he won against Mendes and rematched Diaz straight away again at WW and got the win.

There's a laundry list of top fighters who pick and choose who they fight in the UFC, one of whom is even the champ, yet Conor takes all sorts of crazy fights that he probably shouldn't. Because he gets into trouble in one, he's suddenly a quitter?

He's not a five round fighter - it's no secret. But he puts the vast majority of opponents away in the first two rounds. Constant decision fighters are the most hated on Sherdog, so you have to be one or the other. You have to move up in weight and take on heavier champs, otherwise you're ridiculed for it (GSP and Anderson), and if you do, you'll be ridiculed for not taking on your current contenders anyway.

You can't win on Sherdog.
What you refer as panic wrestling is similar to clinching in boxing, it's a smart move when you get rocked. You can recover and get back into the fight. Nothing pejorative about it. I agree on everything else.

Saved him from what hurting his hands punching Conor.
Floyd was clearly fading ...... clearly Conor was just bid g time on his second wond the last 2 rounds ....... Mayweather was fookin finished. Ref saved his fookin zero

I feel i should be honest with you..i aint reading all that shit, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just taking the piss

Even Conor didn't want anymore of that. He was dead in the water and he knows it. It just sounds good to say early stoppage.

I hate that shit. They wouldn't let Nunes drop Ronda either.
Totally agreed. If I have to listen to you run your mouth for months on end, then I should get the satisfaction of seeing you dropped.

NSAC being overly nice here. They should have mentioned how he should have been disqualified long before that for all the illegal shit he threw.

I really don't like stoppage she where the other fighter is still standing.

How do we know Floyd wasn't about to punch himself out and Conor could have recovered and done some real damage
Its supposed to Be three knockdowns in the same round for a tko. Not the fighter was still standing and fighting.
You're conflating two different rules. Three knock down rule is a rule that is sometimes in effect. I can't find confirmation either way for the fight. Typically title fights don't have them. Technically they were fighting for "The Money Belt", although we all know that it was a glorified exhibition match, so who knows.

But regardless, whether or not the three knock down rule was in effect, the referee still has discretion to stop the fight at any time, and unless the stoppage is particularly egregious, like Cecil Peoples bad, the commission will not reverse it. It's also ignorant to think you need three knock downs to get a stoppage. That stoppage was well within the bounds of a normal boxing stoppage. Conor was being held up only by the ropes at the end there.

Floyd mayweather is a bitch

The ref is married to the judge who screwed over GGG the Mrs Byrd bitch.

Seems a liitle coincidental.

Conor embarrased floyd

0-0 vs 49-0

Won three rounds, utterly embarrased him.

Floyd would of been left for dead against the ggg that destroyed canelo.

Conor embarrased floyd

0-0 vs 49-0

Conor embarrassed Floyd lol ?
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F574568%2F903368e1-9df7-49b9-b4d3-39d1c23e1854.jpg
tenor.gif

Conor embarrased floyd

0-0 vs 49-0

This is why you shouldn't use drugs

Back