News NSAC just announced Claudia Gadelha vs. Alexa Grasso is OFF

It's already on the main card right? They'd have to move Maycee and Roxy up.
Yeah I think Maycee Barber fight would be the perfect one to move up. She is clearly a fighter UFC are trying to push and promote, it's "lose one WMMA fight, so replace with another", it would keep ESPN happy, I think that's likely what is gonna happen.

Now what am I gonna jerk off to tomorrow night? Sabina Mazo?
It's not pretty, but I think you'll have to make do with Holly Holm's ass and Maycee Barber's... eyes?

035_Holly_Holm_and_Miesha_Tate.0.0.jpg

Maycee.jpg

She looked pretty fit and cut (for a female fighter at that weight class) - see abs below. Did she put on too much muscle? Delts and biceps look pretty big, again,for a woman at 125.
Alexa.jpg
Would be hard to get six pounds off that... Maybe she'll have to move up.

Well that sucks totally unprofessional of Grasso.

was looking forward to that fight too.

Hope Gadelha gets paid her show money at least.

I'm no pro fighter so I have no idea...But I really have no idea how as a pro fighter, you know you have to make weight X, and you show up a whopping 5lbs heavier than normal? I mean don't they weight themselves before in the hotel room and the entire week, as they go through the cutting? I can only assume that this happens when there is a lack of professionalism in the team assisting the fighter since cutting weight is a science and predictable.

A poor card getting worse. And they expect uk fans to stay up till 5 am and pay extra. Fuck right off

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Maycee Barber fight to now be moved up to the Main Card. Keeps ESPN and Dana more or less happy i'd imagine.

She should be on there anyway. She's moving up and Holm is moving towards retirement.

I'm no pro fighter so I have no idea...But I really have no idea how as a pro fighter, you know you have to make weight X, and you show up a whopping 5lbs heavier than normal? I mean don't they weight themselves before in the hotel room and the entire week, as they go through the cutting? I can only assume that this happens when there is a lack of professionalism in the team assisting the fighter since cutting weight is a science and predictable.

There’s a “trick” that has to do with water manipulation that doesn’t always go right.

There’s a “trick” that has to do with water manipulation that doesn’t always go right.

Well they dehydrate themselves as much as possible.
Problem is when there is really too much dehydration, organs shut down and there is risk of death.

Missing 5.5 lbs and you are that small? Fuck that shit.

But hey, this card just became more watchable.

And all she was saying on the UFC Embedded was how grateful she was of the UFC giving her the opportunity.

Now if we can just get Holm-Pennington cancelled it might be worth showing up to the bar before the main event starts.

Hope there was some sort of underlying injury that affected getting down, otherwise thats hyper unprofessional to come in that much over the limit at that low of a weight.

Back