• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now let's discuss Point Break (1991)

9635F8C7-0CA9-42CB-AD47-B1E206608313_zpstfhhuoho.jpg

My cousin got this tattoo last month. I think it sums up the greatness of Point Break for us all

Keanu Reeves is a nice guy but he fucking sucks at acting

The first time I went surfing was at "Bells Beach" where the 50 years storm comes. I almost died. The actual filming is at a beach in Oregon.

The first time I went surfing was at "Bells Beach" where the 50 years storm comes. I almost died. The actual filming is at a beach in Oregon.

I almost died at the wavepool at white water the first year it was open. I saw some boobies there and my trunks got yanked down by the waves.

Keanu Reeves is a nice guy but he fucking sucks at acting
He has a bad rap at this point. Even underrated. He was really bad back in the early 90's and 80's outside of his Tedlike roles. But he has been fine in most roles since Devil's Advocate. I mean he was downright great in Constantine and John Wick. But even then, outside the occasional role he nails, he is very mediocre even for Hollywood. A lot depends on the casting, the worst was for Dracula, he was miscast AND that was back when he was still achieving his bad acting rep.

One of my fave movies

The new version was terrible

I still can't believe Johnny survived that lawn mower

"He's not coming back" *throws police badge on ground* awesome ending and Keanu reeves finest acting moment.

He has a bad rap at this point. Even underrated. He was really bad back in the early 90's and 80's outside of his Tedlike roles. But he has been fine in most roles since Devil's Advocate. I mean he was downright great in Constantine and John Wick. But even then, outside the occasional role he nails, he is very mediocre even for Hollywood. A lot depends on the casting, the worst was for Dracula, he was miscast AND that was back when he was still achieving his bad acting rep.
I personally love his acting from back in the 90s. It was entertaining.

I love the way this movie ends. I've always thought of F & F as the spiritual successor to this film.
first FF wasn't so much a successor, as a blatant plot ripoff and then subbing in car racing for skydiving/surfing

I love the way this movie ends. I've always thought of F & F as the spiritual successor to this film.

Maybe bodhi is really Dominic's father. The story about his father dying in a racing crash was just to hide the fact that his father was actually a bank robber and to honor his late father's legacy he essentially takes up the family business complete with his own rag tag group of renegades.

Boss movie, I watched it too many times. Like back to back sessions as a kid.
The new one takes risks, it's pretty bad but the visuals and stunts were cool. Very hot babe in it too.
I'd still say skip it.

I personally love his acting from back in the 90s. It was entertaining.

His acting in Parenthood is underrated. He plays an idiot but evokes solid emotion each time hes on screen

Back