Now is the time where we can potentially overate Brown.

sheepdogexpress

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Most people who were not in love with Silva's looks knew the odds for the fight were suspect.

Brown should have been the favorite and he showed this tonight.

However, he isn't close to a title shot. He needs at least two top tens for that. Probably Kim/Ellenberger and someone like Lombard to fight for the title.

Most people were not talking about him getting a title shot even if he beat Silva. They were simply knew there was a good chance he was going to put a beatdown on Silva and it happened to come true.

Well, now is the point where we can over-rate Brown.

Silva was an unranked fighter for the most part and a victory over him did nothing since Brown was already ranked higher. Silva was never a prospect for the title and for us to believe Brown deserves a title shot for beating Silva would be just as foolish as Erick Silva's fanboys who thought he was the next big thing.

Erick is a can crusher whose wins are all cans(most have been cut from the UFC).

The only thing the fight tonight proved was how highly over-rated Erick Silva is. I still can't believe his fans still talk about his potential now. He has zero fight IQ(and likely a poor IQ in general) and it's something you cannot fix unlike submission defense. Brown needs to be tested against a top 10 because beating Silva means nothing in regards to getting a title fight.

I am very impressed that Matt survived and went on to dominate, but just like Hendo fans (myself included) should not forget that he was dropped TWICE in the 2nd shogun fight, Matt Brown fans should not forget that Matt was dropped, nearly tko'd, and then nearly submitted.

He survived barely (and some overly cautious referees would've stopped it--like that last Ronda fight)

i think if Brown fight ROry or Lawler he would get knock out. just saying.

Rankings shmankings. Matt has the longest win streak of anybody at WW right now, he deserves a title eliminator IMO. Lawler/Berger winner would be prime.

How can you be overrated when you can literally kick planets in half with your fist? LOL TS is a troll.

Rankings shmankings. Matt has the longest win streak of anybody at WW right now, he deserves a title eliminator IMO. Lawler/Berger winner would be prime.

You don't see the winner of McDonald/Woodley as being ahead of Brown? I think even 10 wins in a row over some of the guys Brown beaten isn't equal to one significant top 10 win. Let's just be real here. I see Brown as #5 or #6 at best after this fight.

Rankings don't matter

Didn't you see Wineland get KTFO?

The thought of Lawler/Brown just gives me the creepiest "let 'em bang!" boner.

You don't see the winner of McDonald/Woodley as being ahead of Brown? I think even 10 wins in a row over some of the guys Brown beaten isn't equal to one significant top 10 win. Let's just be real here. I see Brown as #5 or #6 at best after this fight.

No, I would say the winner of Woodley/McDonald is ahead of Brown for sure. That fight isn't until August though and in my perfect little imaginary world of MMA, Hendricks should have his next opponent announced before then.

The thought of Lawler/Brown just gives me the creepiest "let 'em bang!" boner.

No! A pugi-sexual! My delicate Christian sensibilities! Quick, you must lay-and-pray the fray away or you will burn in the fires of Hell for the rest of eternity!

Brown is the man tonight but that former heroin addict liver is on its last days in the fight game. Mein also dropped him with body shots and I couldn't imagine him eating a body shot from Ellenberger, Hendricks, Lombard or even lawler.

Brown has went through 7 training camps, travelled 7 times, fought and won 7 times, in 3 years.

Fuck rankings. Nobody else in the WW division, including the fucking champ is on that kind of run.

TS probably thinks Rory will KO Hendricks.

Brown has went through 7 training camps, travelled 7 times, fought and won 7 times, in 3 years.

Fuck rankings. Nobody else in the WW division, including the fucking champ is on that kind of run.

TS probably thinks Rory will KO Hendricks.

Ya but you probably think Diaz beat Gsp.

He is an excellent fighter but I have been puzzled by his match ups. A win streak like that without being given any top ten opponents is kind of crazy. It's like they want to keep his streak alive and reward an exciting fighter. But at this rate, he is still 3 or 4 fights from title contention unless they really give him a step up.

Back