• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nov.16th ESPN Shakur Stevenson vs Edwin de los Santos

Shakur basically ran away every time DLS breathed in his general direction. Wtf happened to the Shakur who could lean back and counter or take one step back and counter?

Did the guy forget how to box overnight?

He only does that against opponents like Valdez who are much smaller and no threat. Even against Conceicao, he just jumped back every time he threw a punch. He is not really a counter puncher, who sits in front, slips, and counters. I don't see any of this supposed amazing talent at all, infact I see only a slightly above average talent. He has just been hyped up by other fighters and trainers but in the ring, in a real fight, he is not all that.

He only does that against opponents like Valdez who are much smaller and no threat. Even against Conceicao, he just jumped back every time he threw a punch. He is not really a counter puncher, who sits in front, slips, and counters. I don't see any of this supposed amazing talent at all, infact I see only a slightly above average talent. He has just been hyped up by other fighters and trainers but in the ring, in a real fight, he is not all that.
Valdez is smaller but Yoshino is clearly taller. Maybe watch more than 1 fight.

Valdez is smaller but Yoshino is clearly taller. Maybe watch more than 1 fight.

True but Yoshina is just a can who posed no threat. Anyone who thought that performance was a statement of anything is clueless, and exactly the target audience Shakur and his management were going for. They make their reputations from soft match ups. Moment he stepped up against a legit threat we all saw he was limited to jumping back for 12 rounds and a jab. Thats not special talent, that's mediocre.

Shakur has a big problem …. Great talent … but can’t sell for his life… T-Mobile arena last night was downsized to 50% capacity and still they sold around 40% of the tickets … also he is in the Guillermo Rigondeaux level of boringness… that will make him the B side every time he has a bigger fight … he has 1 fight left with top rank … they should do shakur vs Lomachenko if they want to bring his value up … and I don’t think it’s happening next

Shakur has a big problem …. Great talent … but can’t sell for his life… T-Mobile arena last night was downsized to 50% capacity and still they sold around 40% of the tickets … also he is in the Guillermo Rigondeaux level of boringness… that will make him the B side every time he has a bigger fight … he has 1 fight left with top rank … they should do shakur vs Lomachenko if they want to bring his value up … and I don’t think it’s happening next

Nah Rigondeaux was a genius. His greatness was obvious and that alone was exciting to watch. He also had a killer instinct and good power, although he didn't always let it loose. Stevenson is slightly above average and has no power.

Nah Rigondeaux was a genius. His greatness was obvious and that alone was exciting to watch. He also had a killer instinct and good power, although he didn't always let it loose. Stevenson is slightly above average and has no power.
I’m comparing them on the boring level … chacal had a lot of accomplishments but he was boring as hell …. Never was a big draw either

I’m comparing them on the boring level … chacal had a lot of accomplishments but he was boring as hell …. Never was a big draw either

Rigondeaux was nowhere near as boring as Stevenson.

Rigondeaux was nowhere near as boring as Stevenson.
Your opinion, we can agree to disagree …. Rigondeaux vs Astrolabio and vs Casimero are 2 of the worst fights in history …. And again he was never a draw… people never paid to watch Rigondeaux

Your opinion, we can agree to disagree …. Rigondeaux vs Astrolabio and vs Casimero are 2 of the worst fights in history …. And again he was never a draw… people never paid to watch Rigondeaux

He wasn't American and couldn't speak English. That greatly diminished his appeal. Had he been American, his fan base would've been x10 the size.

He wasn't American and couldn't speak English. That greatly diminished his appeal. Had he been American, his fan base would've been x10 the size.
Excuses…. Tito Trinidad never spoke English and he was the God at 147 for a long time …. Chacal was boring … nobody but you would debate that he was exciting….

Excuses…. Tito Trinidad never spoke English and he was the God at 147 for a long time …. Chacal was boring … nobody but you would debate that he was exciting….

I said his undeniable greatness was exciting. Stevenson has achieved very little. Rigondeaux was a special talent, whilst Stevenson so far is just a poser. If you don't think him being foreign and not speaking English limits pulling power, you're delusional. Naming one single exception doesn't prove me wrong.

I said his undeniable greatness was exciting. Stevenson has achieved very little. Rigondeaux was a special talent, whilst Stevenson so far is just a poser. If you don't think him being foreign and not speaking English limits pulling power, you're delusional. Naming one single exception doesn't prove me wrong.
Christ …. Lmao!!!! Whatever dude … wasting 2 much time on your hard head long ass posts with no sense … I can care less on proving you wrong (you needed a list of examples) 1 don’t cut it for you? Lol… chacal was boring period … Shakur is boring period …

Forgot about this one. Looks like I didn't miss anything.
This new forum sucks man.... don't think I'll be posting here as much anymore.
Was just thinking the same thing. The new theme sucks and not just the aesthetics but the entire layout.

This new forum sucks man.... don't think I'll be posting here as much anymore.

Forgot about this one. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Was just thinking the same thing. The new theme sucks and not just the aesthetics but the entire layout.
jesus i'm glad i'm not the only one.

who the fuck is running this place? they had it offline for a week over a version upgrade? and the result is this unreadable horseshit?

i've had my share of fuckups in deploying new versions, but this is some outlandishly amateur stuff.

also, shakur is unbearable.

jesus i'm glad i'm not the only one.

who the fuck is running this place? they had it offline for a week over a version upgrade? and the result is this unreadable horseshit?

i've had my share of fuckups in deploying new versions, but this is some outlandishly amateur stuff.

also, shakur is unbearable.
At least we can now embed YouTube Shorts properly. That's about the only good thing to come out of this.

At least we can now embed YouTube Shorts properly. That's about the only good thing to come out of this.
i'm just flabbergasted by the incompetence here.

how on earth is it acceptable to shutdown a site for a week over an upgrade? have these people never heard of test environments before? i understand minutes, or even hours if the database migrations are really slow... but days? and the end result is this?

mods in another thread are telling everyone that things will get ironed out, this isn't the end of it... and while that's good news because in the end the site might not be completely useless, it's also fucking embarrassing for the maintainers. you couldn't test this shit in development? get everything nice and smooth before you put it in production? it feels like some kid was literally doing all of this on production servers from start to finish, with no preparation.

and don't even get me started on the fact that they were running PHP 5 in 2023. i was embarrassed when i was upgrading my project three fucking years ago, because i was so late.

Back