Not too long ago Fedor was supposed to destroy Cain when Cain...

Fedor was out of his prime much sooner than the Dan loss, he abandoned his Sambo and turned into a brawler around the Sylvia/AA fights

The consensus was Cain would win. I was part of the argument. I sided with a Fedor win but I was in the minority by far. 2007 join date should know this stuff.

Yeah, I remember there being a consensus on many MMA message boards circa 2004 and 2005 that Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski would both pummel Fedor, too.

And some of these posts were by genuinely knowledgeable guys who had boxed or done BJJ on a fairly decent level.

(Not saying that this means Cain would lose a hypothetical match-up, only that consensus on message boards doesn't mean jack shit)

I like how Fedor fans were annoying 8 years ago and some people are still butthurt about it <Lmaoo>

In what world was Fedor in his prime after the Lindland fight?

Last edited:
Was hot, but as soon as the emperor lost to Dan, he was out of his prime! Remember that time of delusion when you dare mention anyone next to Fedor’s name, it was an automatic murder for Fedor! Do you remember?

Fedor was out of his prime around 2007, everyone who have followed his career closely knows that. Only haters claim he was still in his prime in Strikeforce.

Fedor's prime ended around the Sylvia fight. His trainers were talking about him slowing down during the Affliction events. That is also when he turned into a headhunting brawler while before that he was the most well rounded HW ever.

Fedor was out of his prime around 2007, everyone who have followed his career closely knows that. Only haters claim he was still in his prime in Strikeforce.

Yep, pretty much anyone that watched his whole career knows he started declining around 2007-2008 which is when his trainers were talking about Fedor not being as fast as he used to be.

Was hot, but as soon as the emperor lost to Dan, he was out of his prime! Remember that time of delusion when you dare mention anyone next to Fedor’s name, it was an automatic murder for Fedor! Do you remember?

He lost 2 in a row before he lost to Dan.
Well, because he was out of his prime.

Werdum was in Pride with Fedor.
If he wasn’t losing to Big Nog and Sergei over there, maybe he would have fought Fedor back then.
Werdum later lost to Arlovski.

Dan lost to a lot of people throughout his career. He would have had no business facing Fedor in Pride.

no one said he'd beat cain..nice try hater

No, because you are making that up. When Fedor fought Hendo he was coming in on a 2 fight losing streak already.

You are an idiot and a liar.

Mandingo wouldn’t stay up after a Hbomb to the back of the head.
Godzilla would die and reborn again alfter that.
What’s your point TS?
At least use a example where Fedor got overwhelmingly beat like the Maldonado or Biggfoot fight to say “he sucks balls!! Herp derp”.

Fedor has the strongest and most stubborn fan base here on Sherdog.
If you go against Fedor, you go against an army of fat 30 year olds.

Prime Fedor vs Prime Cain/DC/Jones/Stipe or whoever you want to match him up against is just speculation at the end of the day.
We won't ever know how Fedor would've matched up against the top HW's of today. We can spend hours arguing about it, but one thing is for sure, no one will ever be right or wrong.

The decline was visible much before his Werdum fight

He was just keeping win as he was that good

Fedor is still the only mma fighter that ever looked like a caged animal trying to kill his opponent, and not just an athlete trying to win a competition. I think Fedor would have beat prime Cain

only thing fedor could do was ko him,other than that cain owns him

Back