Not sure about my trainer's credentials

can't mate, I'm way down in the Huon Valley.Closest BJJ gym is the Hybrid Training Centre in Hobart, and that's almost an hour's drive

Sorry to hijack but if you are new to the sport and have been told your trainer is really good and has produced some great grapplers, how do you determine 'great or good' people produced?

The gym i used to attend had a fornightly class taken by L

Sorry to hijack but if you are new to the sport and have been told your trainer is really good and has produced some great grapplers, how do you determine 'great or good' people produced?

Can't wrong with tournament results.

If I tell you a wrestling coach has trained guys who won Olympic medals, are you going to care what his lineage is? Conversely, if I tell you a wrestling coach trained under Dan Gable but none of his athletes have won a match in 15 years of high school wrestling are you going to look for a different coach?

If none of his students compete in tournaments of any kind (no BJJ, no MMA, no sub grappling etc), then I'd take that as a very bad sign.

Like a couple others have said i'd say the large majority of people are very proud of their lineage so hiding it would raise a flag to me. Like some have said depending the art some don't use belts so have that in mind and ask for the duration. Did he compete etc... I'd be very skeptical if someone wasn't open about their lineage.

Back