Not looking good for the new generation of HW fighters

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Rosholt on a 3 fight win streak losing to a guy 10 years older than him on a 3 fight losing streak and 5 losses out of 6 fights.

No idea why he didn't feint and go for takedowns or shoot a double leg when Roy keeps spamming that big overhand right.

Get used to the old dawgz and learn to like them. You're gonna be watching them for a while to come.

Which one was the new breed? I've never heard roshalt or Nelson referred to as such.

Jared thinks MMA is NCAA wrestling with a few punches thrown in. I hate it and I'm a big fan of collegiate wrestling. His approach is horrible for MMA and I hope he doesn't last long.

Nelson is about to be 40. How the hell is he the new breed?

Which one was the new breed? I've never heard roshalt or Nelson referred to as such.

Rosholt's 29 and like 6-2 in the UFC so I'm guessing that's who he was talking about. Honestly I thought the fight was shit and could have gone either way. 30 year old Derrick Lewis got his second finish in a row so there's that. Lewis is a fun guy to watch because it seems like he can finish anybody. That said Shawn Jordan and Matt Mitrione KO'ed him and they aren't the cream of the crop.

I think Rosholt is still dangerous. Top 20 guy and shouldn't be cut but he clearly needs to improve if he losing to 40 year old Roy.

Werdum is a monster but pushing 40 coming off an injury who knows how long he will hold up. So that leaves Rothwell, Stipe and whatever prospects are up and coming.

But the next best heavyweights are Jon Jones, Rumble and Cormier.

Meh, win or lose Rosholt usually looks like shit in his fights. A lot of young and old HWs have that problem, but most of them have the good sense to get knocked out early.

Nelson is about to be 40. How the hell is he the new breed?

I think you're confused if you think anyone would refer to any 40 year old as the new breed.

I just meant new breed as in the next generation.

Definitely not saying Rosholt is the new elite fighter to look out for.

Werdum is a monster but pushing 40 coming off an injury who knows how long he will hold up. So that leaves Rothwell, Stipe and whatever prospects are up and coming.

But the next best heavyweights are Jon Jones, Rumble and Cormier.
Reem?

You're a moron if you thought Rosholt was the new breed of heavyweight. A pudgy wrestler with no striking.

The HW division is about as shallow as WMMA

This is the new breed

20151218034747_IMG_7613.JPG

Nelson had his back against the wall in this one. Roshelt didn't want to feel the sprawl of Nelson.

The HW division is about as shallow as WMMA
Bullshit. 115 is one of the most promising divisions in the UFC right now. The only thing holding it back is UFCs inability to properly manage it and keep it active with fights. That's actually the same problem with HW right now too.

Rosholt isn't new breed anything. He's just a wrestler.

Stipe will be eventually be HW Champ.. But I think the "new breed" of HW's will actually be LHW's fighting up at HW. Jones and Rumble have both said they plan to go up at some point. DC has said he would go up in the future. King Mo currently fights at both. And I think the longer guys like Gus and Liam, would benefit from fighting with more weight on them.

Tonight's Heavyweights should have been fighting in T-shirts.... damn!

Derrick Lewis is the new breed not Jared "Subway Sammich" Rosholt.

Back