Not gonna lie.

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
As an Aldo fan, this fight does make me nervous as all hell.

The thing that I'm scared of is the long pressure that McGregor brings.

But the thing that gives me confidence is his tendency to get over zealous, and get tagged clean. Also that leg is there for the taking, but I think he'll adjust for that.

Aldo fans, don't make the mistake of laughing this guy off. I have no doubt in my mind he will be the toughest test for Aldo.

P.s. dont you dare call me a fake Aldo fan. If you can't see the problems he poses for Aldo, you're a fight game novice of the highest order.

And of course, Aldo poses a crap ton of problems for him as well.

Aldo is the definite favorite, but this fight makes me extremely nervous.

I was actually nervous with both Mendes and Edgar fight, this one might be a war or a simple domination like Aldo vs Lamas who knows. But I`m not nervous at all watching Conor fights, he matches well with Aldo.

At least youre realistic.

the funny thing is , half of sherdog think conor will fight Aldo just like he did siver.

Which is ridiculous, he had zero respect tonight for siver tonight, none. and siver although not the best by a long stretch has posed problems for some of the 'top' guys and conor toyed with him, honestly ive never seen someone toy with someone like that in the octagon. was borderline comical.

Aldo's got this. He will win against McGregor. Don't worry.

The only thing that would worry me is if Aldo wasn't able to land his leg kicks.. He'll have to do it to take away Conor's spinning attacks and the steam off of his heavy hands.

Your a fake aldo fan

*you're*, and you're a fight novice.

The guys reach will pose problems, and those kicks look goofy, but you have to step back each time. His pressure is something else as well.

Aldo will win, but this fight makes me nervous as hell.

aldo is my 3rd favourite fighter and i am also nervous but aldo still takes this.

im much more worried for conner, hes going to be embarrassed, and i feel that after his loss to aldo frankie will beat him even worse if they face off.

i still believe frankie will be connors toughest test

It will definitely be an interesting fight for sure. A kind of fight where I'm not rooting for anyone, I just want to see these two fighters square off.

Toughest fight for Aldo was Mendes. Conor is easy.

I agree that Mendes was hard as hell but Aldo for the first time is not going to have the striking advantage. It's going to be tough, if Chad could close in having less reach, I wonder what Conor may do. The irish is taking this I'm sorry.

The leg kicks won't be there for him, at least not his traditional low kick to the opponents lead leg because Conor is a southpaw. That opens up the body kick or the inside low kick but that isn't Aldo's bread and butter.

I only watched the fight once and don't recall it well but I don't recall Aldo using his low kicks a lot against southpaw Kenny Florian.

McGregor matches up really well against Aldo on paper in some ways, we'll just have to see what McGregor's skillset looks like when he's fighting someone at that level. Also it should be noted that Aldo normally takes down strikers. He's mounted a lot of skilled grapplers and that could be a factor for sure. McGregor will also have trouble with Aldo's lead hand I think.

Last edited:
McGregor is a dangerous fight. He doesn't look unbeatable like some would suggest (I don't think he matches up that well with Aldo's style), but McGregor isn't some manufactured threat. This was abundantly obvious before this fight, though. If anything, I might be a tad concerned with a few things that happened in the Siver fight if I was a McGregor fan.

Back