not gonna lie I got my monies on wilcox

I also think Wilcox is gonna take it. I thought that ever since the stepanyan win based mainly on that bellator showcases strikers mostly and his wrestling matches up well against them. The heart he showed by not only continuing to fight against akop but to beat him too kinda tells me there's no quit in him and his faith in God has him literally ready to fight to the death in there and never give up no matter what. As long as he fights smart and just goes all out for takedowns the whole time vs friere then he's got a really good chance.

I think he even psyched out pitbull a bit during their stare down when he looked up and gave praise whereas pit bull just tried to look mean. Then pitbull felt something wasn't right about that and gave praise immediately after and then got down on the mat and started crossing himself. Pit bull IMHO will be looking at this fight differently than other fights due to the Christianity factor because it was obvious that really affected him last night.

Also, Wilcoxs belief in God and that he's looking out for him doesn't appear to be the Average christian type. He looks more Tebow or ray Lewis like with it and IMHO when a guy believes in himself like that and isn't gonna give up then its a huge (as long as he has skills too)

wilcox's mom is betting on freire.

wilcox's only way of winning is a lucky punch. He has no chance of taking freire down, and is going to get outboxed to death.

We'll see how his knee is. He looked to be favoring it despite a pretty dominant performance. I think it's still hurt from his previous fight.

This. If he's 100% he can give Pitbull a run for his money. But will he be?

He seemed to be limping a little still. Bellator tournaments don't give fighters much time to properly prepare

If this fight was happening a few years ago when Warren survived and won maybe I could see it. If he was facing Pitbull on that day or around that time then maybe. I'm fan of Wilcox and glad he was signed but he reallly didnt look good in either fight. I dont get a play on him here. Unless the odds are like Mo-Newton 1 or something.

Depending on the odds I may put a little on wilcox.

I think Wilcox is getting worn down form the tournament, he's in Pitbull's world. I'd call the grappling a push and obviously the striking is 100% to Pitbull. It's not impossible for Wilcox to pull it off I just wouldn't put any money on it

I think Wilcox is getting worn down form the tournament, he's in Pitbull's world. I'd call the grappling a push and obviously the striking is 100% to Pitbull. It's not impossible for Wilcox to pull it off I just wouldn't put any money on it
The grappling is not a push. I'd bet pitbull could take wilcox down.

Lol if Akop Stepanyan can light up Wilcox on the feet like a christmas tree, Pitbull is going to murder him.

I also think Wilcox is gonna take it. I thought that ever since the stepanyan win based mainly on that bellator showcases strikers mostly and his wrestling matches up well against them. The heart he showed by not only continuing to fight against akop but to beat him too kinda tells me there's no quit in him and his faith in God has him literally ready to fight to the death in there and never give up no matter what. As long as he fights smart and just goes all out for takedowns the whole time vs friere then he's got a really good chance.

I think he even psyched out pitbull a bit during their stare down when he looked up and gave praise whereas pit bull just tried to look mean. Then pitbull felt something wasn't right about that and gave praise immediately after and then got down on the mat and started crossing himself. Pit bull IMHO will be looking at this fight differently than other fights due to the Christianity factor because it was obvious that really affected him last night.

The Christianity factor? :icon_lol:

Pitbull's wrestling and conditioning has improved leaps and bounds since the Warren fight and I fully expect him to stifle Wilcox, and probably finish him.

Sherdog is a place where the majority tends to be served large dishes of Crow so I'm not too worried about this

This time it was the place where the lunatic fringe was served a large dish of crow.

You should have been worried. But if you're crazy enough to think that Wilcox was going to beat Pitbull, you aren't going to be aware enough to know when you should have concern in a situation. I just hope you have enough awareness to not have a picnic on a train track, but I'm not sure after this debacle.

What's wrong with having a picnic on a train track?

This time it was the place where the lunatic fringe was served a large dish of crow.

Although Wilcox did go for a few takedowns I don't think it was his original strategy or something he was really commited to coming into the fight. Jimmy Smith said Justin told him before the fight that it would come down to whoever had the better hands and it looked like he wanted to stand with put bull from the get go. He also stood in front of akop until he just about suffered a broken leg from stepanyans kicks and then finally went hard for the shot. IMO he would be better off training with askren or a modern day hammer house but with emphasis on sub defence, ground and pound, and cardio than trying to strike with elite strikers and show how well rounded he is or whatever.

That being said the lunatic fringe here still ate crow on this one and I partly blame Justin's camp for this

Last edited:
Back