Not full post workout

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Lord_Impaler, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

About one hour after I lifted I ate dinner which consisted of two chicken breasts and a sweet potato. I would think that would be more then enough to satiate me for one meal. But sometimes post workout I will eat an amount of food such as that and my stomach will still have that hungry feeling. Does that mean that I need to eat more? Or is that empty feeling insignificant. I was thinking that maybe since I didnt eat any fat that might be the reason but I've never even heard of your stomach craving a specific type of calorie. Any food chemists out there? Help me out.

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid In search for the Ultimate cup of Coffee

No veggies??!!! Better change that up boy! :)

Brown Rice, beans...Eat some nuts if you still feel hungry.

3. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

sweet potatoes are vegetables.

4. Ziltoid

Ziltoid In search for the Ultimate cup of Coffee

lol, sorry, i meant Greens. Add some greens in there along with the potato. You should feel more full.

5. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

Ya cause of the fiber, thats a good idea. I just think it's wierd that after eating that much to still feel hungry, thats like sixty grams of protein and probably like thirty to fourty carbs.

6. ozzie

ozzie Brown Belt

How much do you weigh and how intense are your workouts? Do you sip a protein/carb drink during your workout? I think you'll notice a difference once you add some broccoli or spinach or whatever.

7. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

im 5'8" 188 pounds. My workouts are intense, 5 days a week one body part a day. I just drink water during my workout I would probably feel sick if I drank protein or carbs during a workout.

8. ozzie

ozzie Brown Belt

Water is not ideal. If you sipped a sports drink during your workout you would notice a small improvement. If you sipped a sports drink with protein during your workout you would notice a decent improvement in workout intensity and recovery. I don't think you would feel sick, but if you did, you would get over it fast considering the benefits.
    Let me find a link for you.

9. ozzie

ozzie Brown Belt

10. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

You think so? most of the stuff I have read have said doing that is bad. I think the theory is that the digestion process draws blood away from the muscles, I dont know if that is science or theory though.

11. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

12. justint

justint Orange Belt

Ummm... sort of... not really. Sweet potatoes are starches.

13. ozzie

ozzie Brown Belt

It's theory. The carbs and amino acids are quickly absorbed. There's a plethora of benefits associated with a peri workout drink.

No sweat.

14. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

Alright. So much info on bodybuilding is like word of mouth kind of stuff, I find it really hard to know for sure what works. But that dude in your link is a biochemist haha nice.

15. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

ya im not really sure what the difference is, I know white potatoes are really starchy I thought sweet potatoes were more nutrient filled.

16. TX911

TX911 Guest

try adding some veggies and a half cup of brown rice to your meal. Also, a fiber supplement with the brown rice can help you feel fuller longer and the rice will help prevent the carb crash and subsequent craving for chocolate that i personally get late in the evening

17. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

alright thanks. haha ya, that's wierd how in the nighttime ur diet tends to degrade cause u get cravings, happens to me too.

18. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

+1

I personally put some kale and spinach in the food processor and mix it in with diced chicken. Easy, quick way to get those greens in.

19. justint

justint Orange Belt

You're right, they are full of nutrients. Tons of beta-carotene. But they are still starches and very carbohydrate dense. If you are going to eat a starchy carb though, sweet potatoes are a great choice.

20. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

ya i didnt have any grains so I thought I would get my carbs from the potato.