Not full post workout

Lord_Impaler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
About one hour after I lifted I ate dinner which consisted of two chicken breasts and a sweet potato. I would think that would be more then enough to satiate me for one meal. But sometimes post workout I will eat an amount of food such as that and my stomach will still have that hungry feeling. Does that mean that I need to eat more? Or is that empty feeling insignificant. I was thinking that maybe since I didnt eat any fat that might be the reason but I've never even heard of your stomach craving a specific type of calorie. Any food chemists out there? Help me out.

No veggies??!!! Better change that up boy! :)

Brown Rice, beans...Eat some nuts if you still feel hungry.

lol, sorry, i meant Greens. Add some greens in there along with the potato. You should feel more full.

lol, sorry, i meant Greens. Add some greens in there along with the potato. You should feel more full.

Ya cause of the fiber, thats a good idea. I just think it's wierd that after eating that much to still feel hungry, thats like sixty grams of protein and probably like thirty to fourty carbs.

How much do you weigh and how intense are your workouts? Do you sip a protein/carb drink during your workout? I think you'll notice a difference once you add some broccoli or spinach or whatever.

How much do you weigh and how intense are your workouts? Do you sip a protein/carb drink during your workout?I think you'll notice a difference once you add some broccoli or spinach or whatever.

im 5'8" 188 pounds. My workouts are intense, 5 days a week one body part a day. I just drink water during my workout I would probably feel sick if I drank protein or carbs during a workout.

im 5'8" 188 pounds. My workouts are intense, 5 days a week one body part a day. I just drink water during my workout I would probably feel sick if I drank protein or carbs during a workout.

Water is not ideal. If you sipped a sports drink during your workout you would notice a small improvement. If you sipped a sports drink with protein during your workout you would notice a decent improvement in workout intensity and recovery. I don't think you would feel sick, but if you did, you would get over it fast considering the benefits.
Let me find a link for you.

Water is not ideal. If you sipped a sports drink during your workout you would notice a small improvement. If you sipped a sports drink with protein during your workout you would notice a decent improvement in workout intensity and recovery. I don't think you would feel sick, but if you did, you would get over it fast considering the benefits.
Let me find a link for you.

You think so? most of the stuff I have read have said doing that is bad. I think the theory is that the digestion process draws blood away from the muscles, I dont know if that is science or theory though.

You think so? most of the stuff I have read have said doing that is bad. I think the theory is that the digestion process draws blood away from the muscles, I dont know if that is science or theory though.

It's theory. The carbs and amino acids are quickly absorbed. There's a plethora of benefits associated with a peri workout drink.

thanks kid

No sweat.

It's theory. The carbs and amino acids are quickly absorbed. There's a plethora of benefits associated with a peri workout drink.

No sweat.

Alright. So much info on bodybuilding is like word of mouth kind of stuff, I find it really hard to know for sure what works. But that dude in your link is a biochemist haha nice.

Ummm... sort of... not really. Sweet potatoes are starches.

ya im not really sure what the difference is, I know white potatoes are really starchy I thought sweet potatoes were more nutrient filled.

About one hour after I lifted I ate dinner which consisted of two chicken breasts and a sweet potato. I would think that would be more then enough to satiate me for one meal. But sometimes post workout I will eat an amount of food such as that and my stomach will still have that hungry feeling. Does that mean that I need to eat more? Or is that empty feeling insignificant. I was thinking that maybe since I didnt eat any fat that might be the reason but I've never even heard of your stomach craving a specific type of calorie. Any food chemists out there? Help me out.

try adding some veggies and a half cup of brown rice to your meal. Also, a fiber supplement with the brown rice can help you feel fuller longer and the rice will help prevent the carb crash and subsequent craving for chocolate that i personally get late in the evening

try adding some veggies and a half cup of brown rice to your meal. Also, a fiber supplement with the brown rice can help you feel fuller longer and the rice will help prevent the carb crash and subsequent craving for chocolate that i personally get late in the evening

alright thanks. haha ya, that's wierd how in the nighttime ur diet tends to degrade cause u get cravings, happens to me too.

+1

I personally put some kale and spinach in the food processor and mix it in with diced chicken. Easy, quick way to get those greens in.

ya im not really sure what the difference is, I know white potatoes are really starchy I thought sweet potatoes were more nutrient filled.

You're right, they are full of nutrients. Tons of beta-carotene. But they are still starches and very carbohydrate dense. If you are going to eat a starchy carb though, sweet potatoes are a great choice.

You're right, they are full of nutrients. Tons of beta-carotene. But they are still starches and very carbohydrate dense. If you are going to eat a starchy carb though, sweet potatoes are a great choice.

ya i didnt have any grains so I thought I would get my carbs from the potato.

Back