Not Exactly MMA (but yet it is) Buakaw Banchamek's Evolution

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it's long. Deal with it.
(No, no cliff notes. Actually watching is required — and ultimately worthwhile.)

While this video does not involve pure MMA, it still involves "mixing martial arts" by chronicling Buakaw Banchamek's evolution from "pure Muay Thai" ... to "boxer/Muay Thai".

The fight sequences are more chaotic than 99% of anything in the UFC.

To my eye, the level of skill Banchamek has, as a striker, makes Adesanya and Pereira look like decrepit, elderly outcasts.

It's worth the watch.

get this crap out of the Power Slap forum..

What an asshole.

Actually watch the video.

In no universe is this "crap" ... but 1000x more exciting than "the crap" we watched last night.

What an asshole.
giphy.gif

(No, no cliff notes. Actually watching is required — and ultimately worthwhile.)

While this video does not involve pure MMA, it still involves "mixing martial arts" by chronicling Buakaw Banchamek's evolution from "pure Muay Thai" ... to "boxer/Muay Thai".

To my eye, the level of skill Banchamek has, as a striker, makes Adesanya and Pereira look like decrepit, elderly outcasts.

It's worth the watch.

It's 55 mins.

Do you want running commentary? or just once I'm done?

Also, obligatory:

giphy.gif

There’s a right place and a wrong place. Doesn’t matter how awesome you think it is.

I think it's actually a combination of Schilt, Overeem and Buakaw that got the clinch rules changed.

It's worth the watch.

Has nothing to do with the ufc, old man

Cliffs:

I am at the 27 minute mark and Buakaw has not yet joined the UFC.

Will keep you posted.

It's 55 mins.

Do you want running commentary? or just once I'm done?

Also, obligatory:

giphy.gif

Need to actually watch to appreciate.

Some incredible fights, that put the UFC to shame.

Also many "pure Muay Thai" techniques were forbidden, because no "non-Thai" had an answer for them.

A de-volution, as it were.

Need to actually watch to appreciate.

Some incredible fights, that put the UFC to shame.

Also many "pure Muay Thai" techniques were forbidden, because no "non-Thai" had an answer for them.

A de-volution, as it were.
Yeah man, I am, and have before today (so, rewatching).

It's a fun watch and exciting. But it also note it is highlights, not fights, that is a distinction.

I have spent time in Thailand enjoy pure Muay Thai, and am aware of banned techniques.

Yeah man, I am, and have before today (so, rewatching).

It's a fun watch and exciting. But it also note it is highlights, not fights, that is a distinction.

I have spent time in Thailand enjoy pure Muay Thai, and am aware of banned techniques.

My ex of 8 years was Thai, and we went to some Muay Thai fights.

These dudes are so raw and full of guts, it's amazing.

I don't follow enough to be knowledgeable, but I have seen enough to be in awe of the art.

My ex of 8 years was Thai, and we went to some Muay Thai fights.

These dudes are so raw and full of guts, it's amazing.

I don't follow enough to be knowledgeable, but I have seen enough to be in awe of the art.

'BIG FIGHT, BIIIG FIGHT!'

Yeah it is incredible to see live, and best in that local atmosphere, IMO. And yes, raw and full of guts indeed.

Back