Not any fault of his own but, LHW has been more interesting since Jones left

Yes Jones really dominanted no-knees-Santos & Reyes. 50-42 vs each.

In reality he loses to Jan, Jiri, Ankalaev, & maybe Reyes again.

Rakic would be a boring 50/50 decision, while Glover/Smith 2.0/Santos/Volkan all put up tough fights but lose via decision.

I wanna see him fight Stipe still.

That's still a fight I want to see.

I wanted to see it a whole lot more 3 years ago but I still want to see it.

Jones dominated the division and he probably still would be if hadn't vacated the title. But I'm really excited again about LHW. Guys like Cutelaba, Craig, Rancic, and Jiri are gonna be the future of the division.
I'm definitely excited about Rancic.

Jon had a couple lucky/crooked decisions towards the end of his career, he's shown that he's well past his prime. I don't see him beating the peak LWH fighters of 2021 and he's not built for heavyweight. I believe he's done now. He had a great career although with a big asterisk over it.

I feel like Jones lost his stardom at LHW, but he still has time to become bigger than ever at HW, no pun intended.

Usually happens when a dominant champion leaves a division. Almost always actually.

Jones barely beat and maybe even arguably lost to santos and reyes. Jones knew his time was up and his reign was about to expire and thats why he went running.

LHW is a dumpster fire of a division. Paul "Floppy" Craig? Ryan Spann? Meisha Circunov? Jamahalal Hill? Yes, those are ranked fighters.

No.

Trying to dethrone an all time legend Is always far more interesting..

Jones barely beat and maybe even arguably lost to santos and reyes. Jones knew his time was up and his reign was about to expire and thats why he went running.
He didn’t run. He literally took on everybody his whole career. The résumé proves that. It is the typical fight with uncle Dana over money. Been going on for 20 years. May go on for 20 more with that prick.

It has a top 10 of good fighters now, but those aren't good enough to replace Shogun/Wand/Chuck/Rampage/Lyoto/Rashad etc of back when it was the best div in the sport. Jones came to that division. It's still one of the worst divisions. BW is better, and BW wasn't even a real division back then.

Its really bad right now. We are about to get a title fight between two guys who have a combined age of 79 and were B level in their primes.

Prime Jones would destroy all of them. He cleaned out the top ranks then and would do it with this crew as well.

Jones dominated the division and he probably still would be if hadn't vacated the title. But I'm really excited again about LHW. Guys like Cutelaba, Craig, Rancic, and Jiri are gonna be the future of the division.
Jiri - imo one of the most violent fighters in UFC right now / Kinda like Light Heavyweight Gaethje in term of damage

Ankalaev - Has that clean technique and awareness to pull a highlight knockout reel

Jan - Very technical, has that bomb in both hands and feets

Back