• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Northrop Grumman Engineer Fired over participation in Charlottesville Rally

NO, but if you go to a white power rally YOU WILL GET FIRED. One is not like the other, unless of course you don't think these rallies are a bad thing. FFS this open bigoted, racist shit Trump brought to the surface is pathetic, and they (you) show their colours daily without even thinking about it.
Of course, everyone should either agree with you, or be on the dole and dependent on you. Solid plan. Nobody has defended white supremacy. I don't know this motherfucker and don't care about him at all or his stupid views, but people should be employed and discourse separate.

Being a supremacist alone shouldn't get you fired because then we'd have to fire a bunch of feminist/ethnic/religious fundamentalist/LGBT empowerment group members as well. White pride, gay pride, women's pride, black pride, it's all the same shit. Foolish people thinking they are better and more unique than others, merely because of their gender/ethnicity/sexuality.

The moment you start taking pride in your "identity", you should ask yourself, what the fuck am I doing as an individual to warrant taking pride in myself? If you can answer that question sufficiently, then fine, take pride in whatever you will. Just don't beat me over the head with it, and expect me to give a damn about it. No matter if you're gay, lesbian, black transgender, white helicopter, pizza monster, whatever the fuck.

But if you're out there cracking heads at a protest, then you should probably expect to get fired over it. It's pretty silly that people get charged for assault, for the slightest reasons, in a man-to-man situation, but apparently it's no big deal as long as they do it in a protest.

That's why a lot of these nutjobs show up for these protests and rallies, because it's basically a "get out of jail" card as far as being able to beat people up and get away with it.

I am the TS and I happen to be a person of color. This is not about being "low key racist". This is about asking yourself how much power are we going to give the corporate press and large businesses the right to decide what we do on our free time.

I doubt you are. But lets say you are. You don't think some views are so backwards and shitty that they shouldn't get a pass? Lets say this guy was marching for pedo rights. Should he be protected then?

Just can't succesfully hide the Nazi that you are right ?
Don't you think it's silly firing someone based on their opposition to this month's trendy political opinion. The pendulum swings my friend, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be fired for supporting open borders, or being a homosexual?

Be a little more tolerant.

It's bizarre seeing people equate white supremacist groups with LGBT and Muslims. Is that really how warped some people's world view is? They see LGBT people in the same way as white supremacists? They think Muslims and white supremacists should be seen the same by employers? You think being a white supremacist and joining a racist organization is the same as being a feminist?

Yikes. There's almost nowhere to go from there. At some point, I just kinda shrug and am thankful companies like Northrop Grumman understand the difference.

Slippery slope, nstuff...

He wasn't arrested, he was fired from his job.

But in the OP it says he was "pounding on" a black man? I didn't read past the first page, and am not familiar with the story as the link in the OP needs me to removed adblocker.

If that is the case tho, he should be arrested, no?

Don't you think it's silly firing someone based on their opposition to this month's trendy political opinion. The pendulum swings my friend, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be fired for supporting open borders, or being a homosexual?

Being against white supremacy and Neo Nazis is "trendy" lmao.

But in the OP it says he was "pounding on" a black man? I didn't read past the first page, and am not familiar with the story as the link in the OP needs me to removed adblocker.

Honestly I don't know, I haven't even considered that part of the story. I am only really looking at the situation in the way the question is posed in the op, which is should he be fired for attending a white supremacy rally and being a member of a white supremacist organization.

I'd say yes, the employer should fire him if they don't want a deranged racist working for them. If I was an employer, I would certainly protect the work environment, and the employees, from having that kind of person there.

Plus, could you imagine the possible lawsuits if a known (membership card carrying) white supremacist was allowed to continue working with or above a bunch of minorities? If I was a minority, I would be disgusted if my employer was like, "Hey, that's Frank the white supremacist, he'll be giving you orders and controlling your career." Or "you'll be working with Frank, he believes you and your family are subhuman, but he won't say that out loud here, don't worry."

This is nothing new, by the way. A cop was just fired for being in the kkk. The chief said he hadn't shown any signs of mistreating blacks, but that just being in the kkk was more than enough to get his ass out of there.

Last edited:

Well the problem there is that the black guy attacked the guy first so it likely was self defense.

So no? Companies now own you outside of work too? That's great news. Should they check your credit card statement too, just to be sure they approve of how you spend your money? Catch you outside a strip club? Gone! How about a gay employee going to a pride march? Boss doesn't like it, so they're gone too. Meh, I don't like the church you go to, so you're fired.

It's funny to see the right to work party complain about the policy when its applied to them.

You voted for right to work, lol.

Deal with it.

I doubt you are. But lets say you are. You don't think some views are so backwards and shitty that they shouldn't get a pass? Lets say this guy was marching for pedo rights. Should he be protected then?

What I am suggesting is that people should be allowed personal lives. If you are not bringing your personal views into work its not a companies business. Here I am just uncomfortable with how this guy was opted. A year later a "news" organization is literally trying to out ever person that was at this rally for no other purpose than to try and get them fired. And then some giant corporation says hey you are fired based on going to a political rally a year ago. There is something distasteful about that.

What if this corporation started firing people for attending a worker's rights rally?

Honestly I don't know, I haven't even considered that part of the story. I am only really looking at the situation in the way the question is posed in the op, which is should he be fired for attending a white supremacy rally and being a member of a white supremacist organization.

I'd say yes, the employer should fire him if they don't want a deranged racist working for them. If I was an employer, I would certainly protect the work environment, and the employees, from having that kind of person there.

Plus, could you imagine the possible lawsuits if a known (membership card carrying) white supremacist was allowed to continue working with or above a bunch of minorities? If I was a minority, I would be disgusted if my employer was like, "Hey, that's Frank the white supremacist, he'll be giving you orders and controlling your career." Or "you'll be working with Frank, he believes you and your family are subhuman, but he won't say that out loud here, don't worry."

This is nothing new, by the way. A cop was just fired for being in the kkk. The chief said he hadn't shown any signs of mistreating blacks, but that just being in the kkk was more than enough to get his ass out of there.

If it is the Unite the Right rally where someone died, there were multiple groups there, and not everyone was/is a white supremacist. So I do not believe he should be associated with any of them, unless he has a prior history with a specific white supremacist group. And would make this unjustified. However, I think it looks like he was involved with a specific group.

@alanb I cannot read the article on this computer, but found another one. The article I read said he was involved with a group "Rise Above Movement", which does have white supremacist connections (tho I have not heard of it). However, they did not offer any actual evidence of him being associated with them. You mentioned from your article, that he had tape on his hands, but I am not sure what that means. If indeed involved with this group, then fuck him.

But if it is biased reporting, which it might be if the guy in fact was defending himself from the black man he was "beating on", then maybe it wasn't a supremacist rally and just a Trump/Right wing rally.

Either way, I think everyone involved in that rally, on both sides, needs to take a break from politicking.

Btw, this was the article I found. It is reporting on the firing, not the actual article that got him fired. So the details are more vague, I assume.

http://fortune.com/2018/07/06/northrop-grumman-charlottesville-protest/

If it is the Unite the Right rally where someone died, there were multiple groups there, and not everyone was/is a white supremacist. So I do not believe he should be associated with any of them, unless he has a prior history with a specific white supremacist group. And would make this unjustified. However, I think it looks like he was involved with a specific group.

@alanb I cannot read the article on this computer, but found another one. The article I read said he was involved with a group "Rise Above Movement", which does have white supremacist connections (tho I have not heard of it). However, they did not offer any actual evidence of him being associated with them. You mentioned from your article, that he had tape on his hands, but I am not sure what that means. If indeed involved with this group, then fuck him.

But if it is biased reporting, which it might be if the guy in fact was defending himself from the black man he was "beating on", then maybe it wasn't a supremacist rally and just a Trump/Right wing rally.

Either way, I think everyone involved in that rally, on both sides, needs to take a break from politicking.

Btw, this was the article I found. It is reporting on the firing, not the actual article that got him fired. So the details are more vague, I assume.

http://fortune.com/2018/07/06/northrop-grumman-charlottesville-protest/

You can read about the Rise Above Movement on ADL.org. It's just another run of the mill organization of white racists who regularly denounce Jewish people and non-white immigrants, but who also focus on MMA, Lol. That's why the guy showed up at the rally with his hands taped up, he was likely there looking for a fight.

I personally think some people have downplayed the Unite the Right rally too much. The whole, "Not everyone was a racist" thing doesn't sit well with me. Do non-racists really feel comfortable marching alongside neo-Nazis who are carrying swatstikas and chanting about Jewish people and immigrants replacing them, etc? It's not like there was just a small amount of those people who randomly showed up, the entire rally was promoted by white supremacists. If white supremacists invite you to a party, and you show up and party with white supremacists, it's a little bit odd to then claim you're not a racist.

Back