North Korea Continues Full Speed with Nuclear and Missile Programs

The main difference between North Korea and Pakistan is that Pakistan have been pretty cooperative. George Bush started a classified program to aid them with their nuclear security.

Ok, this is the same Pakistan that America had so much trouble with regarding Osama bin Laden. I don't trust these idiots. They play ball with U.S. enemies. Cooperative? Like the North Koreans and Israelis? No, I don't think so. That's $100 million from the U.S. that has been wasted. Did Pakistan check with the U.S. prior to the sale of nukes to Saudi Arabia? I don't think so.

North Korea tells U.S. denuclearization talks may fall apart: CNN

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-called-off-pompeos-north-korea-visit-belligerent-035550400.html

North Korean officials have warned in a letter to the United States that denuclearization talks were "again at stake and may fall apart", CNN reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The letter was delivered directly to U.S Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and stated that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's government felt that the process could not move forward.

"The U.S. is still not ready to meet (North Korean) expectations in terms of taking a step forward to sign a peace treaty," CNN reported, citing sources. https://cnn.it/2MAI9AT

The 1950-1953 Korean War ended in an armistice rather than a peace treaty, leaving U.S.-led U.N. forces technically still at war with North Korea.

The North has long made clear that it sees an official end to the state of war as crucial to lowering tensions on the Korean peninsula.

The United States has been reluctant to declare an end to the Korean War until after North Korea abandons its nuclear weapons program.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that U.S. President Donald Trump called off a visit to North Korea by Pompeo after the latter received a belligerent letter from a senior North Korean official just hours after the trip was announced last week.

CNN reported that the letter was sent by the former head of North Korea's spy agency, Kim Yong Chol, but it was not known how it was sent. The Washington Post said North Korea had been increasingly communicating through its U.N. mission.

CNN reported that the letter also mentioned that if a compromise could not be reached and the nascent talks crumbles, North Korea could resume "nuclear and missile activities".

'PLOT'

On Sunday, North Korea's state media accused the United States of "double-dealing" and "hatching a criminal plot" but did not mention Pompeo's canceled visit. (nL2N1VI1WU)

The Washington Post said the exact contents of the message were unclear, but it was sufficiently belligerent that Trump and Pompeo decided to call off the planned trip.

The trip had been announced the previous day for this week and Pompeo had intended to introduce a newly named special envoy, Stephen Biegun, to his North Korean counterparts.

The White House referred queries on the Washington Post report to the State Department, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In cancelling Pompeo's trip, Trump publicly acknowledged for the first time that his effort to get North Korea to denuclearize had stalled since his June 12 summit with Kim in Singapore. {nL2N1VF10N]

U.S. intelligence and defense officials have repeatedly expressed doubts about North Korea's willingness to give up its nuclear weapons and they had not expected Pompeo's trip to yield positive results.

A South Korea presidential spokesman said he was not in a position to comment on the authenticity of the letter but acknowledged that talks between Washington and Pyongyang were in a stalemate.

"With North Korea and the U.S. remaining stalemated, there is a even bigger need for an inter-Korea summit," Kim Eui-kyeom, a spokesman for the presidential Blue House told a briefing.

South Korea's President Moon Jae-in said this month his planned third summit with North Korea's Kim next month would be another step towards the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and an end to the Korean War.

No one with an ounce of sense is surprised. Just like no one should be surprised that the defense is going to be "We need to give them more time..." Which I would agree with if people hadn't treated those worthless initial conversations as evidence of results already banked.

How were they worthless? The President of South Korea didn't seem to think they were worthless and she praised Trump for the progress made between the two counties. The only people I see saying they were worthless are people who weren't involved in the situation to begin with. The three countries involved in this: US,N Korea, and S Korea have all been happy with the progress made.

How were they worthless? The President of South Korea didn't seem to think they were worthless and she praised Trump for the progress made between the two counties. The only people I see saying they were worthless are people who weren't involved in the situation to begin with. The three countries involved in this: US,N Korea, and S Korea have all been happy with the progress made.
You are Silly. WR Posters have more cred than those countries leaders

When you're in negotiations with someone, and the negotiation consists of you wanting that person to stop doing something, naturally, that person is going to continue to do that thing until negotiations have ceased. Whatever thing that person is doing, is the only bargaining chip they have on the table.

People who don't understand that confess the fact that they've never been a part of a high-level negotiation.

When you're in negotiations with someone, and the negotiation consists of you wanting that person to stop doing something, naturally, that person is going to continue to do that thing until negotiations have ceased. Whatever thing that person is doing, is the only bargaining chip they have on the table.

People who don't understand that confess the fact that they've never been a part of a high-level negotiation.

You wanna take a wild guess who wrote this to the people of the United States?

"There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

"Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War with North Korea. President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!"

but here we are now... almost back at square one... with the denuclearization talks almost about to fall apart. so yeah.. all that shit about Trump solving NK was all but baloney.. and you were one of the posters who were openly bragging how Trump succeeded where everyone failed, MAGA!, and he should be getting that nobel prize now...

add on-

now that I think about it your post practically backpedalled just like trump when it came to healthcare. "Nobody knew healthcare would be so complicated!"... uuuhhh yeah most of us did... and just as much as we knew what was going on with NK.. lol!

Didn't Chairman Trump said he had brought peace to the region and North Korea would be a good boy from now on? Somebody got played like a fiddle.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45067681

In other news, China appears to have stopped cooperating with US on North Korea. Perhaps Trump launching trade war against them had something to do with it? Ain't nobody forcing North Korea to the table now.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fg-china-north-korea-sanctions-2018-story.html

DZiryU7X4AAN61V.jpg

Kim Jong takes Trump.about as seriously as everyone else lol

You wanna take a wild guess who wrote this to the people of the United States?

but here we are now... almost back at square one... with the denuclearization talks almost about to fall apart. so yeah.. all that shit about Trump solving NK was all but baloney.. and you were one of the posters who were openly bragging how Trump succeeded where everyone failed, MAGA!, and he should be getting that nobel prize now...

add on-

now that I think about it your post practically backpedalled just like trump when it came to healthcare. "Nobody knew healthcare would be so complicated!"... uuuhhh yeah most of us did... and just as much as we knew what was going on with NK.. lol!
Thanks for proving my arguments.

I'll try to walk you through this:

If North Korea stops all nuclear activity on the same day as the first meeting, what need does the United States have in continuing any negotiations, or giving anything up?

North Korea's only bargaining chip is continued nuclear activity until a deal is reached.

This is how high-level negotiations work. Welcome to the big leagues.

Thanks for proving my arguments.

I'll try to walk you through this:

If North Korea stops all nuclear activity on the same day as the first meeting, what need does the United States have in continuing any negotiations, or giving anything up?

North Korea's only bargaining chip is continued nuclear activity until a deal is reached.

This is how high-level negotiations work. Welcome to the big leagues.

the only thing you've proven is how adept you are at backpedaling.

the only thing you've proven is how adept you are at backpedaling.
<TrumpWrong1>

President Trump has brought us closer to a lasting peace in the Korean Peninsula than any other President since the Korean War.

It's not my fault you can't understand how a high-level negotiation works.

It shows that you've never really had to make an important decision that's seriously affected anyone other than yourself.

Well I will be honest I've been drinking Crown Royal and I'm so compromised I probably shouldn't be posting. But its clear that you believe that this is a Trump problem rather than a North Korea problem. It's not like any other administration has fixed this but somehow any bumps in the road or worse are because Donald Trump have fucked it all up.

It is a NK thing and not a Trump thing. You are right abut that.

But there is a very large Trump Fuck-up here. One that is a HUGE difference between Trump and every other US President dealing with this.

No other US President bragged and lied to the American people and the whole world that NK was no longer a nuclear threat. He pulled that bullshit out of his ass. And it was quite simply in no way true.

Trump could have, and should have just made a measured statement about progress being made... yada yada.... instead of loudly and publicly taking sole credit for a huge foreign policy triumph that has yet to occur.

<TrumpWrong1>

President Trump has brought us closer to a lasting peace in the Korean Peninsula than any other President since the Korean War.

It's not my fault you can't understand how a high-level negotiation works.

It shows that you've never really had to make an important decision that's seriously affected anyone other than yourself.

Negotiations are threatening to fall apart as of today and you're talking about lasting peace!? The same type of lasting peace that's happening in Jerusalem???

<Dany07>

What flavor of Kool-Aid have you been drinking this whole time?

I know livestock are notoriously difficult negotiators, so I don't doubt your credentials, but I'm wondering if your negotiations center around business or their sexual boundaries?

They are worthless because until they turn into tangible results that benefit us, they have not delivered anything of worth.

The S. Korean president can feel however he wishes about it but I don't live in South Korea so I'm not gauging the value of this by the return to S. Korea. I'm gauging it by the return to the United States.

And if we're so happy with the progress then we wouldn't be cancelling trips to NK citing a lack of sufficient progress as why.

And plenty of negotiations end without the parties reaching a workable deal. Most people learn not to oversell the initial stages of a negotiation.

There was an awful lot of counting eggs before they were hatched in regards to this. People were a little bit too eager to attribute something "peace" related to Trump, and Trump was a little too eager to get good PR. But all along, we were negotiating with a rogue state that never keeps any promises to anybody. I commend Trump for trying, even if his attempt ends up being entirely unsuccessful. I always thought that it seemed like North Korea was testing Trump to see if they could take advantage of him, and if they found that they could not, negotiations would fall through. From a distance, Trump seems stupid. It makes sense that a regime like the one in North Korea would test the waters.

"North Korea Continues Full Speed with Nuclear and Missile Programs."

Of course they do, did anyone really think they would do otherwise. They are using the Israeli nuclear program playbook. Brilliant move on North Korea's part. Also the part about not denying or admitting to a nuclear program.

The Israelis were also told by the Americans not to build a nuclear bomb. The Israelis agreed, but went forward with their nuclear program anyway, hiding it from the Americans. They eventually received help from the French, South Africa, and Germany. Yeah, imagine that. Israel agrees to accept 5 nuclear submarines from the Germans. Half were paid for and the other half a gift from the Germans. Yes, the same Germany that created the Nazis that eventually went on to kill 6 million Jews.

When Americans asked to inspect Israeli nuclear facilities, the Israelis would only show them the nuclear reactor they had received from the Americans in 1957, the one that could only generate nuclear energy. So, North Korea will be doing the same thing. They will only show the Americans what they want the Americans to see. Missile technology coming from Iran, some of the best in the Middle East. Pakistan helping with the miniaturization of a nuclear warhead to make it fit in a missile.

Last edited:
Ok, this is the same Pakistan that America had so much trouble with regarding Osama bin Laden. I don't trust these idiots. They play ball with U.S. enemies. Cooperative? Like the North Koreans and Israelis? No, I don't think so. That's $100 million from the U.S. that has been wasted. Did Pakistan check with the U.S. prior to the sale of nukes to Saudi Arabia? I don't think so.

I don't think anyone trusts them absolutely...... there's a mixture of both trust and distrust on both sides, but there are certainly areas where expert help is mutually beneficial for them to receive expert help. Theft prevention is a big one, making sure their power stations don't chernobyl themselves, detonation safeguards and launch codes, so they can't be used by a rogue general. The US also doesn't really trust them not to fuck something up big-time which is why they were offered help in the first place.

The states did the same thing with Russian rocket scientists after the breakup of the cold war. The US helped keep the russian space program alive. Nobody really trusted them, but it was certainly in the State's best interest to help them continue doing peaceful sciencey stuff rather than have the program abandoned, and the scientists snapped by countries like Iran and N Korea who'd employ them to make ICBMs.

Back