North Korea accuses U.S. of declaring war on them.

And? Germany was included in the Marshall Plan.

Germany's Marshall plan LOANS were like 4% of the GDP of West Germany at the time and they PAID it FULL. What really helped Germany was the forgiveness of war reparations, so basically removing the boot out of the neck of Germany.

So not only did you eat your own propaganda, you also seem to defend it to the end.

No wonder people Euros hate Americans. I guess you also believe that Germans were on a rampage until Americans came into the scene right?

Germany wasnt rebuilt by anyone but the Germans thanks to their hard work and ingenuity.

Do americans really believe that shit? I guess you also believe that the Nazi were on a rampage until the Americans entered the scene right?
Do I believe we spent billions on West Germany? Yes. The Berlin Airlift cost .5 billion. We spent 1.45 billion rebuilding West Germany between 1949-52 alone.

Last edited:
Germany's Marshall plan LOANS were like 4% of the GDP of West Germany at the time and they PAID it FULL. What really helped Germany was the forgiveness of war reparations, so basically removing the boot out of the neck of Germany.

So not only did you eat your own propaganda, you also seem to defend it to the end.

No wonder people Euros hate Americans. I guess you also believe that Germans were on a rampage until Americans came into the scene right?

Germany wasnt rebuilt by anyone but the Germans thanks to their hard work and ingenuity.

How am I eating my words? It's a proven fact America spent billions restructuring Germany after WWII. Looks like you're adding things to what I'm saying. Furthermore, I travel to Europe yearly for work and have yet to run into these Europeans that think so bad of us.

Are you disagreeing with this statement? 'China having to spend billions restructuring the country like we had to do for Germany after WWII?'

Are you disagreeing with this statement? 'China having to spend billions restructuring the country like we had to do for Germany after WWII?'
why would china spend billions restructuring north korea ? If they leave the reservation theyre on their own .

Do I believe we spent billions on West Germany? Yes. The Berlin Airlift cost .5 billion. We spent 1.45 billion rebuilding West Germany between 1949-52 alone.

1.- Berlin was not part of West Germany, you did it so you could had a base in the heartland of East Germany.

2.- 1.45 billion in LOANS and it was chump change compared to the amount of INTEREST that Germany was paying in reparations, on top of having all its heavy industry restricted because nobody wanted Germany to be a developed country anymore.

How am I eating my words? It's a proven fact America spent billions restructuring Germany after WWII. Looks like you're adding things to what I'm saying. Furthermore, I travel to Europe yearly for work and have yet to run into these Europeans that think so bad of us.

A LOAN is not an expense, if that was the case then the USA is the biggest welfare queen in the world considering the amount of external debt you guys have.

And the LOAN was nowhere near close to the amount of reparations money that Germany was paying already, on top of not being allowed to have heavy industry.

Germany rose to the economy powerhouse it is after the allies forgave Germany the reparations it was paying from WW1, yes in 1952 Germany was still paying reparations of fucking WW1.

As to China being burdened with lending money to North Korea for rebuilding, well it has already lent America 1.4 trillion dollars which is about 100 times the money you LENT to the Germans (adjusted for inflation of course).

So China has already "restructured a country" by spending 100 times what America spent in Germany, and that country is called America.

why would china spend billions restructuring north korea ? If they leave the reservation theyre on their own .

China would probably lend generous amounts of money to North Korea if the Kim regime fell, of course since its China, then they are being opportunistic loansharks, if its America, they are being selfless heroes.

God forbid those German parasites given a small loan so they could buy American goods, a loan they paid in full by 1970s, they should be grateful.

I'm sure I'm gonna over use this, but

2bqy47.jpg

China would probably lend generous amounts of money to North Korea if the Kim regime fell, of course since its China, then they are being opportunistic loansharks, if its America, they are being selfless heroes.

God forbid those German parasites given a small loan so they could buy American goods, a loan they paid in full by 1970s, they should be grateful.

So we owed them something for going to war with US.

So we owed them something for going to war with US.

Nope, you simply allowed them to recover because France and UK were doing poorly and the USSR was a serious threat.

I saw this in the FB trending news section last night and there was some ignorant chick who said something like "look at dis people, now we made North Korea so mad they gonna go to war with us. we bit off more than we can chew dis time smh"

Bit off more than we can chew with North Korea...

Check out their MRE...

I think that issue will be solved without military action from the US.
China doesn't seem to have the same control over Kim Jon Un that they had about his dad. Once China feels they lost control about him they will try to overthrow him.
And if he starts so much shit with the US and the Chinese feel there is a real possibly the US will invade North Korea, China will invade first. No way China is going to let the US invade North Korea and set up shop right in front of their border.

It's a shame because I can see China offering Kim Jon Un some kind of asylum if they overthrow him. One thing I would still like to see during my lifetime is Kim Jon Un and his whole clan dangling from a tree.

I don't think the South Korean government will tollerate an invasion of North Korea by China for the S.Koreans they are the rightfull government of the entire Korean peninsula a Chinese occupation of N.K will be viewed as Chinas invation of all Korea.

Nope, you simply allowed them to recover because France and UK were doing poorly and the USSR was a serious threat.

I think you much underestimate the help and financial support the US gave west Germany after WW II. Yes it was self-serving to a point to help prevent the spread of Russia but there is no argument which Germany was better off before the unification. Which by the way the US had a great deal to do with.

This is just under the Marshall plan and not the other aid we gave. Yes we were an occupying force for a while and even now are the r but we pump a lot of money into their economy.

More on Germany and the Marshall plan.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2012/06/economic-history

I think you much underestimate the help and financial support the US gave west Germany after WW II. Yes it was self-serving to a point to help prevent the spread of Russia but there is no argument which Germany was better off before the unification. Which by the way the US had a great deal to do with.

This is just under the Marshall plan and not the other aid we gave. Yes we were an occupying force for a while and even now are the r but we pump a lot of money into their economy.

More on Germany and the Marshall plan.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2012/06/economic-history

Your article states exactly what i already said.

Marshall plan was a pittance and what was holding back Germany was the massive war reparations it was still paying including interests from the Treaty of Versailles obligations and other reparations.

You also ignore the massive amount of gutting the German industry suffered after WW2 when it was decided that Germany was not allowed to be developed nation anymore.

Seriously, as i pointed out Marshal plan aid was tiny, 1% of what the US owes to China and it was paid back in full.

What Germany received in 1953 was reparations forgiveness The US profited massively form a strong Germany, it didnt lost one cent since the Germans paid full and Germans used the loans to buy American goods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_reparations_for_World_War_II

Seriously we all have google, we dont need to start parroting American propaganda, ignoring the years from 1945 to 1953 and then claim that a small loan means America rebuilt Germany from the ground up is pure American hubris to the extreme.

Germans rebuilt their country alone, after years of war and after having their entire industry dismantled in the post war era and all its patents and scientist stolen.

So no, American didnt rebuilt Germany. It made a good loan to them, but if we go by that metric then China built America.

And no, there is a big difference between Germany being absolved of punitive reparations (which is what caused WW2 to begin with) and Greece being forgiven of money they squandered without any honest effort to fix their deficit spending.

Your article states exactly what i already said.

Marshall plan was a pittance and what was holding back Germany was the massive war reparations it was still paying including interests from the Treaty of Versailles obligations and other reparations.

You also ignore the massive amount of gutting the German industry suffered after WW2 when it was decided that Germany was not allowed to be developed nation anymore.

Seriously, as i pointed out Marshal plan aid was tiny, 1% of what the US owes to China and it was paid back in full.

What Germany received in 1953 was reparations forgiveness The US profited massively form a strong Germany, it didnt lost one cent since the Germans paid full and Germans used the loans to buy American goods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_reparations_for_World_War_II

Seriously we all have google, we dont need to start parroting American propaganda, ignoring the years from 1945 to 1953 and then claim that a small loan means America rebuilt Germany from the ground up is pure American hubris to the extreme.

Germans rebuilt their country alone, after years of war and after having their entire industry dismantled in the post war era and all its patents and scientist stolen.

So no, American didnt rebuilt Germany. It made a good loan to them, but if we go by that metric then China built America.

And no, there is a big difference between Germany being absolved of punitive reparations (which is what caused WW2 to begin with) and Greece being forgiven of money they squandered without any honest effort to fix their deficit spending.

And per the Marshall plan as per the article loans acquired before 1933 were forced back.

Germany did much to pull themselves up from the ashes. The U.S. and other countries helped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back