News Nordic Taleb close to retirement, wants one more fight

He'll get whoever, he's not a big enough name to be given a favourable match-up to go out on a win.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
CLvgpdT.gif

I will always remember how he humbled that young prospect that one time

Fight with Michel Pereira, at least have one last memorable outing.

Fight with Michel Pereira, at least have one last memorable outing.
I can dig that matchup right there. Let's do that, it would be violent and fun.

Taleb always seemed like the kind of guy who would fight Jason Bourne in a sequel.

Sad to hear it, I thought he was still knd of improving, although his record doesn't show it. But I guess he would have never gotten to the top 5 anyway, and he must know it, so yeah. Knowing the UFC he'll probably get a young undefeated killer as a parting gift though.

I hope they wait for the France card and make it there, I kinda guess this is already the plan. Honestly, he never amounted to much but his division was always the deepest one. I don't see him as a lesser fighter than Brad Pickett for example, who got a hell of a push for his last fight in England (still got knocked out by Marlon the goat Vera).

edit : make the Pereira fight happen, plz

CLvgpdT.gif

You people and your Silva jokes. Har-d-har. He's not even young anymore. He's ALMOST old enough to drink everywhere in the world.

Sad to hear it, I thought he was still knd of improving, although his record doesn't show it. But I guess he would have never gotten to the top 5 anyway, and he must know it, so yeah. Knowing the UFC he'll probably get a young undefeated killer as a parting gift though.

I hope they wait for the France card and make it there, I kinda guess this is already the plan. Honestly, he never amounted to much but his division was always the deepest one. I don't see him as a lesser fighter than Brad Pickett for example, who got a hell of a push for his last fight in England (still got knocked out by Marlon the goat Vera).

edit : make the Pereira fight happen, plz
Nah he got married and things started going downhill from there. He showed some potential but he peaked too late.

I always wondered who Nordine was in close with that kept pushing this guy through. They put him on TUF and he was unremarkable. Then they went and put him on another season, from which he was again dispatched during the quarters, I believe.

Something about him bothers me. I hope he gets knocked out

CLvgpdT.gif

A young prospect can only learn from that experience. This is what will make him a champ one day, once he's old enough of course.

I always wondered who Nordine was in close with that kept pushing this guy through. They put him on TUF and he was unremarkable. Then they went and put him on another season, from which he was again dispatched during the quarters, I believe.

I believe he came in with the rest of the people that GSP knew/trained with from Tri-Star. Once GSP became a rare commodity in the UFC, they tried to get a bunch of people from Canada in the UFC to replace what they could potentially lose in viewers since GSP was gone.

Nordine did seem like a really great athlete, I just think that he became serious about it he was already past his athletic prime, his fight record starts in 2007 so he would have been around 28-29 when he was first active in competitive MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back