Nor-Cal Classic Nov. 13, 2010

CrazyJHL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This tournament is taking place at the University I attend, and I am pretty excited to see what happens. Just wondering if anyone is going/knows about it. They are expecting a decent turnout, but since it's in Redding I'm just trying to spread the word (we don't have tournaments up here, so this is fairly awesome). Here is the brief note from TQR's website, and I'll link the URL to register online if you want to do so. Deadline is November 8th, midnight.

Team Quest Redding is proud to announce the 1st annual Nor-Cal Classic Jiu-Jitsu Tournament scheduled for November 13th, 2010. All challenges for youth (ages 4-15yrs) will be Gi Jiu-Jitsu only. All juvenile and adult divisions can compete in both Gi and No-Gi challenges. Medals will be awarded for first through third place in all divisions for men, women, and kids. The deadline to register is Monday, November 8th at Midnight!

To ensure that the tournament runs smoothly, we strongly recommend that all competitors and coaches arrive at the tournament ONE HOUR PRIOR to the start of their schedule. The tournament will begin promptly at 9:00am beginning with the youth competitions.

We will be offering hotel discounts and we hope that you come and take advantage of the North State

For Clarification Redding is about 3 hours north of Sacramento, about an hour away from Chico (about 71 miles).

There is a spectator Fee of $5 for ages 11+, while those who are 10 and below can watch for free.

Takes place at Simpson University, which is a private Christian College...if anyone has problems with that I understand.

Deadline to register is Nivember 8th.

Fee Description :

Fee (Ends 11:59pm Nov 8, 2010)
Kids ages 4-15 yrs: $45
Juvenile ages 16-17 yrs ONE DIVISION (Gi only or No Gi only): $55
Juvenile ages 16-17 yrs TWO DIVISIONS (Gi & No Gi only): $65
Adult ages 18 yrs and up ONE DIVISION (Gi only or No Gi only): $55
Adult ages 18 yrs and up TWO DIVISIONS (Gi & No Gi): $65

Not sure if I should participate myself, looks like I'll get 20 classes in before the tournament but I haven't been training that long, and some of the guys in my weight class are 6'8" and 300 lbs...it'll be interesting.

For information regarding the different divisions go to:
1st Annual Nor-Cal Classic Jiu-Jitsu Tournament

Nice, I was sick, didn't end up going (though I didn't sign up I was planning on watching). Everyone in my house is sick with the flu, even the dogs. Carlos is probably going to break my arm for having to take a week or more off..

Did you compete or just watch?

Back