Nor-Cal Classic Nov. 13, 2010

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by CrazyJHL, Oct 15, 2010.

1. CrazyJHL

CrazyJHL Brown Belt

This tournament is taking place at the University I attend, and I am pretty excited to see what happens. Just wondering if anyone is going/knows about it. They are expecting a decent turnout, but since it's in Redding I'm just trying to spread the word (we don't have tournaments up here, so this is fairly awesome). Here is the brief note from TQR's website, and I'll link the URL to register online if you want to do so. Deadline is November 8th, midnight.

2. CrazyJHL

CrazyJHL Brown Belt

For Clarification Redding is about 3 hours north of Sacramento, about an hour away from Chico (about 71 miles).

There is a spectator Fee of $5 for ages 11+, while those who are 10 and below can watch for free.

Takes place at Simpson University, which is a private Christian College...if anyone has problems with that I understand.

Deadline to register is Nivember 8th.

Fee Description :

Not sure if I should participate myself, looks like I'll get 20 classes in before the tournament but I haven't been training that long, and some of the guys in my weight class are 6'8" and 300 lbs...it'll be interesting.

For information regarding the different divisions go to:
    1st Annual Nor-Cal Classic Jiu-Jitsu Tournament

3. lawrencel2

lawrencel2 Orange Belt

i was there. it was pretty good turnout

4. CrazyJHL

CrazyJHL Brown Belt

Nice, I was sick, didn't end up going (though I didn't sign up I was planning on watching). Everyone in my house is sick with the flu, even the dogs. Carlos is probably going to break my arm for having to take a week or more off..

Did you compete or just watch?