• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - October, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.15u NOT mcdavid to win the heart trophy at -215 if you don't mind tying $ up for 9 months =P

Chalky but I'm pretty big on the diamondbacks tonight

gotta go edmonton -143 tonight to win a unit. (p.s. upped it to 1.5u on the O6.0 wpg-tor, tho that just started so disregard this haha)

These young pitchers are killing my unders. Stop choking so bad. Could be profiting much more here

Snakes over 2.5 first five was -105. Liked it but thought it was too risky

Hit their run line at +140 though

Chalky but I'm pretty big on the diamondbacks tonight
I’m wondering why they didn’t put ray in the game.

I’ve been live betting run totals

Took rocks over 5.5 and az over 8.5

On Houston ml tonight

Sale has not been pitching well. No post season experience. Boston is not hot. Just lost a series to Houston at Fenway.

Verlander has plenty of postseason experience. Pitching great since he came to Houston. Astros are hot. At home. -129 sounds like a good price.

Ny vs cle I haven’t touched yet. Bauer didn’t fair well last postseason, however He pitched well against ny this year

I think gray will handle the pressure better. I faded his first home game at ny thinking he might choke but he didn’t. He’s performed well in several pressure situations

I may play Yankees first five line. Over 8.5 also looks good at evens

winnipeg-toronto has offense written all over it to open season tonight

sure enough, they had 9 goal games against each other last year in both games

O6.0 -110 definitely playing

Thanks for the pick.

I'm from Toronto, things are looking up for the Leafs after many bad and mediocre years.

I got Astros ML at -130 for 1u.

Astros have been hot lately and their offense has been rolling and Verlander has been lights out, his stuff is still really good.
In the last series it showed the Red Sox don't have the offense to keep up with the Astros, playoff games are played a lot tighter but the Astros are at home today and being home is a huge advantage. Only way Red Sox win is if Sale has a dominant game and Verlander falters, if Sale has a mediocre game, Red Sox lose.

Last edited:
On Houston ml tonight

Sale has not been pitching well. No post season experience. Boston is not hot. Just lost a series to Houston at Fenway.

Verlander has plenty of postseason experience. Pitching great since he came to Houston. Astros are hot. At home. -129 sounds like a good price.

Ny vs cle I haven’t touched yet. Bauer didn’t fair well last postseason, however He pitched well against ny this year

I think gray will handle the pressure better. I faded his first home game at ny thinking he might choke but he didn’t. He’s performed well in several pressure situations

I may play Yankees first five line. Over 8.5 also looks good at evens

I got Astros ML at -130 for 1u.

Astros have been hot lately and their offense has been rolling and Verlander has been lights out, his stuff is still really good.
In the last series it showed the Red Sox don't have the offense to keep up with the Astros, playoff games are played a lot tighter but the Astros are at home today and being home is a huge advantage. Only way Red Sox win is if Sale has a dominant game and Verlander falters, if Sale has a mediocre game, Red Sox lose.

i want to bet Astros but IDK how you can bet against Sale at the current number

Week 5 of NFL
Not to crazy about a lot of the games
Bucs +6 (1u)
Dallas -2 (2u)
Chargers +3.5 (2u)
Ravens +2.5 +3 (2u)
Dolphins +3 (1u)
Lions -3 (1u)
Jags +8.5 (1u)
Chiefs -1(2u)

Last edited:
Red sox ML +115 1u cant bet against sale with a + next to him.
Ny/cle over 8.5 1u

I think -130 is a pretty good number, anything higher like -150 or higher I pass. It's tough to win road games in the playoffs.

I get to watch a lot of the Red Sox because they are in the AL East with the Blue Jays and yes they are talented but they definitely miss Big Papi's bat and his ability to hit homeruns. Red Sox only win if Sale has like 12-13 strikeouts and dominates the Astros lineup which is going to be tough on the road and hard to see Verlander imploding.

I think -130 is a pretty good number, anything higher like -150 or higher I pass. It's tough to win road games in the playoffs.

I get to watch a lot of the Red Sox because they are in the AL East with the Blue Jays and yes they are talented but they definitely miss Big Papi's bat and his ability to hit homeruns. Red Sox only win if Sale has like 12-13 strikeouts and dominates the Astros lineup which is going to be tough on the road and hard to see Verlander imploding.
I hope you're right. If Sale isn't actually struggling and he pitches like his normal self, this is prob a 50/50 game. I think the line is shaded how it is because 3/5 of his last starts have been sub par

Sale has no postseason experience and has not pitched well in his last few outings. He’s having control issues and we’ve seen what happens to inexperienced pitchers with control issues in the playoffs.

I dont know if you’ve ever been to an mlb playoff game but it’s a completely different atmosphere. It’s electric. You see how these great pitchers have been crumbling the last two days

Not to mention Houston has one of the top offenses in baseball.

Stros are simply playing better baseball

I have to bet based on trends and what I think will happen

The Red Sox suck Houston is sweeping this series

Thanks for the pick.

I'm from Toronto, things are looking up for the Leafs after many bad and mediocre years.

Yep nice 2-0 to start season.. ;) and flyers winning in sj was great! Day one couldn't have gone better

Looking at Washington -140 today I think

Oh and to address your point: dude leafs only need a little chance and they can score. Damned scary offensive potential.

I hope you're right. If Sale isn't actually struggling and he pitches like his normal self, this is prob a 50/50 game. I think the line is shaded how it is because 3/5 of his last starts have been sub par

Sale is older than gray and severino by a few years. That may help him with getting rattled by the crowd.

He’s a great pitcher. If not for his consistency issues the last two months he would get the cy young award. Kluber has that locked up now.

I think the line is pretty accurate. Both pitchers have had success against each other Sale hasn’t seen Houston since last year though, and they are statistically much better this year.

Should be a close game. I’m considering taking the over 7 line

Some Thursday night NFL action.

1.5u teaser, bought max points.

NE/Buccaneers over 47.5 points and Bills +10.5 against the Bengals.

The NFL lines this week are pretty interesting I feel. 4 high profile games that are basically pick em's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back