Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

Another qualification that I usually impose on horse racing wagering is that my projected winner is not the favorite. This is for value, and also it marries with the long-term statistic that the favorite only wins about 33% of the time.

the favorites won damn near every race that day

it’s always fun betting long shots but your trend imo hasn’t been accurate lately

the favorites won damn near every race that day

it’s always fun betting long shots but your trend imo hasn’t been accurate lately

You used the correct word--trend. That is the short term. One day, one week, etc. Play for one year, and check.

When I say that the favorite wins about 1/3 of the time, that is looking back to the Great Depression, etc.. Decades of results. In the short term, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

You used the correct word--trend. That is the short term. One day, one week, etc. Play for one year, and check.

When I say that the favorite wins about 1/3 of the time, that is looking back to the Great Depression, etc.. Decades of results. In the short term, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

yea I wasn’t trying to be a turd just share my gambling thoughts to try and help.

I swear the last 3-4 times at the track Del Mar in California and Houston raceway and damn near every major race past three years

up and down the cards the favorites hit like 7 out of 9 races

I swore I’d never bet horses again after that Kentucky derby debacle but in these desperate times I broke ranks.

still , there’s nothing more fun that hitting a big dog on the horse track.

cheers

Another qualification that I usually impose on horse racing wagering is that my projected winner is not the favorite. This is for value, and also it marries with the long-term statistic that the favorite only wins about 33% of the time.
I like this qualification a lot. I generally use it for UFC betting. I still bet favorited, but I go with props at + odds. Always looking for value.

LAUREL PARK

RACE 2
#2 Shezalemondropkid (10-1) class of the race

RACE 5
#3 Just for Spite (12-1) speed of the race

BEST BET OF THE DAY (July 2, 2020)

BELMONT PARK

RACE 6
#2 Life Changer (4-1)

This horse is by far the fastest in the race, and will love an inside post position.

Leclerc hit x80 to win GP Austria after bad qualifier, of course he ends up #2 with 2.7s behind.

If anyone wants some afternoon delight action I’m taking the over 162.5 in the the basketball tournament game this afternoon between team challenge als and sideline cancer. I’ve been watching this tournament closely and cashing the overs in 3/4 games. Lots of ballers on these teams, they play a fast pace and play no defense. The spread is set at 2.5 which I think lends more to the over assuming it’s a close game and neither teams gets blown out.

You are correct in the analysis. These types of games play like NBA All-Star of the last twenty-five (25) years or more.

Saratoga

(I love Saratoga, AKA "The Spa". It is a great track.)

RACE 9

#3 Modernist (7-2)

This horse is definitely the class of this race. To have a great run, it needs to dodge a few speed threats from #7 and #4.

Saratoga

(I love Saratoga, AKA "The Spa". It is a great track.)

RACE 9

#3 Modernist (7-2)

This horse is definitely the class of this race. To have a great run, it needs to dodge a few speed threats from #7 and #4.

Bullied for fifth place. <Ellaria01>

NYRA_Saratoga_logo_615x400_orig.jpg

RACE 6

#4 Giant Shoes (6-1)

Speed and class of the race trying to beat what I consider a false favorite, the #8 ridden by a top jockey.

I like the over 8 runs in the dodgers/giants game today. Cueto is a shell of himself he might have control issues early, his stuff isn't very electric at all he has to get by on guile. Kershaw not as dominant as he once was either, especially 5th inning on..wouldn't be surprised if this over hits by the 6th inning. I'm in for 1u major concern is hitters timing might be offf

Sports betting is frustrating.

GULFSTREAM PARK

RACE 2

Marching In (4-1)

(This horse outclasses a short field)

I like the over 8 runs in the dodgers/giants game today. Cueto is a shell of himself he might have control issues early, his stuff isn't very electric at all he has to get by on guile. Kershaw not as dominant as he once was either, especially 5th inning on..wouldn't be surprised if this over hits by the 6th inning. I'm in for 1u major concern is hitters timing might be offf
Over hits but my bet was voided since kershaw didn't start lol

Back