• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nolan's Best Work

Memento is his first movie. Just out of dumb luck I saw it first week in theaters...didn't really have any idea what it was going into it. Just so perfect.

^ the other cool thing about it is that playing with time it pretty much flips how you feel about all the characters from the beginning to the end.

74882a4be967d13b2ae89728a4841f0763fb8e32fdeab67c080432c572af146f._RI_V_TTW_.jpg
Yup. He had several good movies but the prestige stands above them all.

The prestige easily.

Been waiting for something near that quality since, and still waiting.

I think I'd vote Inception, with Dunkirk very close behind.

Still regret not seeing Dunkirk in IMAX.

<DCrying>

Memento is his first movie. Just out of dumb luck I saw it first week in theaters...didn't really have any idea what it was going into it. Just so perfect.

^ the other cool thing about it is that playing with time it pretty much flips how you feel about all the characters from the beginning to the end.

Actually Following is his first film. It's really strong, IMO.

Actually Following is his first film. It's really strong, IMO.

Haha, first film I saw of his but yeah, The Following was his first. That was pretty good...sort of reminded me of Man Bites Dog a little.

Momento was excellent but it was a bit of an outlier to his style. Everything there after was masterpieces in creating and controlling massive world building. Nolans films all feel huge and multifaceted, but with a particular focus always in play.

Would say Dunkirk, tenent, inception and interstellar best show that

Back