Nog's arm roll when opponent sprawls?

Bob_Shamrock

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone talk me through Nog's arm roll he does?

You know the one he did in the Kharitonov fight.

I always find myself in this position and when I've tried it, I end up on my back!

any help is appreciated.

thanks.

Bob

good against front headlocks too

Bob_Shamrock said:
hmm...i dont shoot my arm across...but how do you do the roll?

i'll try it...but if i fall on my back again....im gonna cry :(

Lets get things straight? You are talking about when you shoot, he sprawls and grabs a bodylock(not a front healock) and does not have underhooks on you. If he has one or two underhook you can

We learned it as escape from front headlocks, but in GI Grappling.
Doesnt work that good, but still one of your best calls...
you use it to end up in Kesa Gatame (Scarf Hold?) if you do it right.

I might be thinking of a differnt move. Its just a sit out but someone once called it the syracuse slide.

The opponent has a front headlock on you . On a FHL one of your arms is usually trapped and the other is free...now you sit ut HARD to the side your arm is trapped meanwhile looking up to the sky ..You should ens up sitting on your butt, parralell to the guy and be able to come around and take his back.

knoxpk said:
I might be thinking of a differnt move. Its just a sit out but someone once called it the syracuse slide.

The opponent has a front headlock on you . On a FHL one of your arms is usually trapped and the other is free...now you sit ut HARD to the side your arm is trapped meanwhile looking up to the sky ..You should ens up sitting on your butt, parralell to the guy and be able to come around and take his back.

Ah now I get it. That

I often get stuck under my opponent when they sprawl on me.

Anyone know any links to show this/these moves?

The syracuse is a sit out/whizzer combo. You trap the arm, sit out under it, then whizzer them.

wait so the sit out manouevre, you move the opposite way to the arm roll right?

thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate it.

thank you.

Back