No Xplode

HevyDevyGK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
anyone use this and get decent results?

actually can someone just point me in the direction of what are the best supplements for gainin muscle, I know different stuff works for different people, but just generally what's the most popular and often regarded as the best.

Dude listen, and this is the honest truth. You will probably ignore me since its not what you want to hear but you are just not going take ANY supplement and magically start making great gains. Supplements are usually in pill form or in liquid form (after you mix the powder of course)...do you think liquid=mass? No way you need to be eating LOTS of solid food, more than you want to eat even. Eat till you cannot eat anymore, then eat anyway. Lots of CARBS. People put over protein and yes its very important but when you are bulking CARBS are just as important. Complex carbs i'm sure you know the rest i'll let someone a bit more educated on the matter take it from here.

so you recommend just keep on eatin loads and stickin with my routine?

I use NO Xplode and I like it, but it's not a mass builder. It's got caffeine, along w/ the NO and it seems to energize me for my workouts. Cellmass, however, (or another good creatine) is what you should be considering more for muscle gain.

Obviously, eating good is important, but supplements can and do help. I actually disagree w/ a good part of what Fyodor replied with (no offense, Fyodor).

Fyodor Biznitch said:
Supplements are usually in pill form or in liquid form (after you mix the powder of course)...do you think liquid=mass?.

The idea is not for muscle gain to come directly from "the liquid". There is no mass building caloric value to a pill or drink mix (unless it's protein powder). Supplements trigger different reactions in your body. Some give you energy to go longer and harder, some aid recovery, some promote natural hormone release, etc. At any rate, yes, they can help.

Fyodor Biznitch said:
No way you need to be eating LOTS of solid food.

What about milk? Protein shakes? They're not solid and they're among the most valued components in my diet.

Fyodor Biznitch said:
No way you need to be eating LOTS of solid food, more than you want to eat even. Eat till you cannot eat anymore, then eat anyway. Lots of CARBS. People put over protein and yes its very important but when you are bulking CARBS are just as important.

He said he wants to gain muscle. Your suggestion is a recipe for turning him into a fat ass. Carbs are important for energy and to make sure you don't go catabolic. Protein is directly responsible for muscle building, however, and is of far greater importance to that task than carbs. Yes, eat complex carbs over simple, but, no, you don't need to eat lots and lots, unless I misunderstood the original question and you do just want to gain mass and not neccessarily muscle.

Eat smartly, not neccessarily in gigantic quantities.

EDIT All I want to say is this. I'm 20 years old. I lifted for close to a year and a half from age 18 up then I quit for over a year. I've been back for 3 months (working out for 5 but only lifting serious for 3). I'm naturally skinny and got as low as 155. I am 6'1 and a hard gainer. I'm sure someone hear can relate. I've just added protein shakes and creatine after gaining all I could just lifting alone. I've saw great gains using protein and creatine, but when I was younger and used them alone basing my diet off the concept of getting all my protein from shakes and peanut butter with low to no carbs I quickly found that I wasn't gonna get very far very quickly. Since i've started spending my money on food like whole grain rice, bread, bagels, potatoes, plus drinking milk with every meal eating lots of meat and drinking 3 protein/cytogainer shakes a day, 5 on workout days. I'm at 170 now and by any means am now huge, but i'm gaining more and more everyday and this is what has worked best for me.

If you are over 18 it looks like superdrol is a good supplement, but the best way to gain is to just go out and give it 110% in your lifting. Don't forget the holy trinity (bench, squat, dead) never neglect your legs and hit those squats. You will be alot happier, spending money on lots of supplements that may or may not be scientificly proven is silly IMHO.

Creatine, if you are old enough Phera Plex is supposed to be a damn good mass builder. NO is something that i'm not sure has been proven to work or not, its not something i've used so I cannot tell you if it works or not. Cytogainer is also good for putting some extra calories in if you cannot eat as much.

HevyDevyGK said:
ok so what supplements are good for muscle mass?

HevyDevy, are you reading the posts? Fyodor and I both mentioned creatine and protein powder.

Fyodor -- you have good points. The only thing you have to remember is that not everbody's body is a 20 year old metabolizing machine so the best advice is to get enough protein and enough carbs (and some fat) for fuel. Saying you need to eat tons is not the final word for everyone. At 18, I could eat like you, but if I did that now at 30, I'd be way heavier than I'd like to be.

Again, I'm not trying to negate all of what you posted. I admire people your age who are actually interested in educating themselves on the "fine tuning" that goes along w/ training.

Understood man, its all good I can see where my reasoning was wrong lol and could be left to many different interpretations.

Ive been using No Xplod for about 3 months (with a month inbetween each month without use) and this is what Ive discovered.

Advantages of No Xplod:
Weight gain (all Ive noticied though is water weight, helps your muscles absorb and retain more water).
Enhanced focus (I feel more pumped during my workout)
Energey enhancement (I feel more energetic druing workout, less tired between sets, I feel like I can push off an extra 1 or 2 reps more than usual).

The only real part it will have in helping you gain weight is that it will help you gain water weight, look bigger (keeps your muslces swollen with water), and will help you work out a little harder and get a better pump with your workout (1 or 2 more reps will eventually build up). Thats been my experience.

I might try Creatine then, but I don't know exactly what creatine supplement I should get

I'm personally using just regular GNC brand creatine mono powder form, unflavored. I throw it in my post workout shake....

I'm sure there are better forms but it works for me.

HevyDevyGK said:
I might try Creatine then, but I don't know exactly what creatine supplement I should get

If you want my opinion -- BSN Cellmass. It's worked far better for me than any other creatine I've tried and it doesn't cause water retention. Massnutrition.com has the best prices on BSN supps.

thanks for the help lads, I guess I'll just need to try something and see if it works well or not for me.

Back