• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"No way UFC 220 does more than 300k buys" - B.Schaub

The only heavyweight PPV to recently do 400k was largely attributed to CM Punk.
Other then that though, there's been very little interest in the division since JDS lost his title.

211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos (300k)
198: Werdum vs. Miocic (217k)
188: Velasquez vs. Werdum (300k)
180: Werdum vs. Hunt (185k)
166: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III (330k)
160: Velasquez vs. Big Foot II (380k)

Schaub said Conor is going to win over Floyd. Dude is a retard.

"Listen man, i love DC, and i love Stipe, but there is no way this card does more than 300k buys"

Do you agree?

How much do you expect this will sell? And what does it say if if doesnt break that mark?

I mean... cyborg x holm did about 400 right?

How could this do less?

I could see it. I thought Lee would be able to sell more than a 180k and that happened. I think the UFCs done a better job of promoting it and it's obviously got more exciting fighters on it, but I'd say it hits the 300-500k range, and would be surprised if it does much more than that.

300-350 seems about right to me.

Other then that though, there's been very little interest in the division since JDS lost his title.

this is good info.

I think it is a tough sell to casual fans. Stipe is not a draw. The challenger is still unknown. DC is more a B-side (although a great B Side).

This is being talked about as the biggest HW fight in a long long time by pretty much everybody though

We'll see

I've often wondered how many "buys" are actually people at home vs bars and businesses that air PPV's.

Do bars bulk buy ppv slots? Will they choose Bellator because of the more recognizable names on the card?

Saturday will be a clear test of how popular old names vs new names affect "buys".

We will see.
There was some info on this when WME/IME bought the UFC and the investor documents were released.

I'm probably wrong, but IIRC the bars weren't counted in the PPV numbers. It was just a separate revenue stream. And from what I recall, it was less than I thought.

Well its his opinion, i have no idea why you guys mad at him and call him wanker for having an opinion... My guess is it does below 400k, 300 is a bit of a stretch i guess...

Really? No one thinks he's a wanker because he has an opinion. They think he's wanker because he has stupid opinions. It's an important distinction.

I don't care. I'll watch both Bellator and UFC the next day.

Schaubs a bigger wanker every episode.
ive stopped listening to his "breakdown" completly and im only suffering through his bs because callen is awesome.
Callen is that slutty nympho from accounting who undresses my leiderhosen every time I frollick by her cubicle

Who cares? Do the buys impact you? Do any of you really care what fluffer Schaub thinks?

A lot of people have seen the Overeem KO on social media but very few of those casual fans would actually recognise Francis by his name. Stipe is an unproven draw as is DC & that has been hurt by the Jones loss.

The rest of the card is pitiful, barely even FX1 show Prelims quality. Meanwhile Bellator have got a cracking card on free TV & features a few names that casual fans might recognise.

With all that said surely this still cracks 400K???

One good fight is a "cracking card"...

You guys are trying too hard, lol.

Compared to most Bellator cards though, I'll give you that.

I fckng agree

2 titles shot is pointless if the rest of the card is fill up with nobodys

I'll watch Bellator

This has been proven to be the opposite of true like 100 times.

Same idiots on here said Conor vs Nate 2 was a farce.

Card will do 500,000 buys

I'm more interested in McDonald vs Lima....

Who cares? Do the buys impact you? Do any of you really care what fluffer Schaub thinks?

Schaub is not the one who fluff fluffs around my little pony.

OjWmpFJ.gif

Back