No way the UFC gives Conor a stake in the UFC... Right?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean there is no way the UFC will do this. What kind of precedent would that set. I know Conor is their biggest star but there is no way they give him a share of the company. Right?

Someone enlighten me. Thoughts?

Impossible. Besides, why would they when Conor’s stock is way down at the moment...

Last edited:
The way I understand it, WME isn't a publicly traded company. So they'd have to buy/force someone else out to get Conor in. Sounds improbable.

68403707-1979-4238-8504-03fa67047342.gif

It’s now a $7B company last I heard. He is like a tiny ant to them. He can make them money but he’ll never be one of them. Come on. He was always delusional. They’ll pat his fuzzy head kick him in the ass and tell him to screw off.

Edit. If he wants part of the company he’ll pay for it... Just like every other investor.

Last edited:
Right.

He hasn't won a fight in years. They have the upper hand.

Conor has maybe four fights left, each drawing less. It’s criminal to give away 51 percent of a business to an independent contractor. UFC will let him go do Bare Knuckle before even thinking about giving him a stake.

Conor McGregor doesn't seem like a stable long term business partner.

They don't need him. The show will go on just fine without him.

His best chance probably after the Mayweather fight when many wondered if he would even fight in the UFC again. He has and he lost. Another loss devalues him even further. UFC will quickly tell him to fuck off when they feel they've made all they can make off of him.

If he would have somehow beaten Floyd and Khabib, I could honestly see it. But now? Hell no.

not a chance in hell

WME didn't spend 4 billion dollars to just give the ownership away to their employees.

I mean there is no way the UFC will do this. What kind of precedent would that set. I know Conor is their biggest star but there is no way they give him a share of the company. Right?

Someone enlighten me. Thoughts?
If they didn't give it to him in 2016, they're certainly not going to after he got embarrassed by Nurmagomedov.

The fact is, the UFC makes a healthy profit even if you exclude all PPVs, they don't need McGregor.

Impossible besides why would they when Conor’s stock is way down at the moment...
^This.

Conor may never win a high level bout again. I believe his fighting prime is behind him. And while people laugh at that, his motivation, his training, his substance abuse is all changing him from the hungry fighter with a belief and a goal, into something else.

I get why Conor would like to push this now, but there is zero chance the UFC will do it. Had Conor beat Khabib then he would have had some momentum behind him to try and push the UFC into this new ground. But even then it would have been a huge uphill battle as that is not a precedent the UFC will want.

No... Conor is on a down slide even a blindman can see that, the UFC gave him a paved path to belts, and he can't even hold them because that would require defending them. Conor is not a next man up kind of fighter, he's a pick & choose favorable match up type guy. Conor is more celebrity than fighter flash & flare with very little fighting substance.

Conor got the UFC red carpet ride to the front of the line now he finds himself out front without the deep skillz and lungz to be truly competitive in the hot LW division. Conor is trying to cash in long after he walks out with UFC shares. You want shares show us you can win 3 fights with top 10 guys back to back then shares are yours, if not f*k off and shop your talents elsewhere or promote your own fights under McGregor sports and entertainment.

Last edited:
Only thing I could see is he forfeits a chunk of his winnings each time he fights for whatever that amount would be in ownership shares.

All the moves the owners of the UFC have been making(especially the new ESPN deal with PPVs) are all pointing to a very highly rumored IPO coming down the road. Now when that happens its becomes a much easier venture in giving Conor shares of stock.

Back