• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Time will break Gustafsson (Felony Fight)

Just because he got stopped by Cormier doesn't mean he won't punch Alexander's face to the back of his head in the very first round.

Oh come on, ese!

Only one person has ever done that to Gus and it was AJ. Gus somehow didnt go unconscious either.

How he didn’t actually go out from those shots is just.. wow. Like, Owen Wilson level kind of wow. Guy has a hell of a chin.

Shrugged off multiple head kicks from Jones, too, but DC was fucked after only one. Volkan does have that crazy power to put Gus away, though.

It could definitely happen and wouldn’t surprise me that much if it did. I do believe Gus truly is a much better fighter, but the better fighter doesn’t always win, ain’t dat right b’ys?

Good match-up. I think Gus picks him apart for a bit until Volkan starts showing the damage, then Gus picks it up, eventually hurting and finishing him.

Then complains on the mic about Jones and DC. Then goes and does the same on Twitter and then disappears again.

Last edited:
Vision and Gus don't go in the same sentence, except for the expression 'loss of vision of Gus' opponent'

ImpossibleDopeyBats-size_restricted.gif

It’s Glover’s fault for having his eyes open.

Expecting Volkan to try and rush Gustafsson, eating nasty uppercuts on the way in. Gustafsson got this.

LMFAO- GUS is 30, 31 with 22 pro fights. I think that qualifies him as being dead smack in middle (or towards beginning) of his prime.I don't know if he'll win....probably will.Hell certainly be favored to do so .
OP had me in tears.

Gus tunes him up at range.
Yeah, i'm with you on that one. Volkan blitzes well but feel Gus learned his lesson on terms of engagement with guys who have strong blitz potential when he got put down on home soil by Rumble. Gus is elusive, and effective when he fights with his height.

I love gus but why do you guys think this is easy for him?

lol

war gus

I love gus but why do you guys think this is easy for him?
Because Volkan only has one weapon, and it's not even technique. He is really sloppy but packs brutal power. His style is literally made to get fucked up by a lengthy boxer with as quick hands and footwork like Gustafsson.
Should look something like Gus vs Manuwa/Thiago Silva. Rumble was very good at cutting the angles against Gus. Volkan doesn't do that as good.

Let's not forget that Gus is a very good wrestler. He will almost certainly use it minimize the potential for getting KO'd.

Gus wins this fight by GnP or tiring Oezdemir out and sparking him late in the fight

you stopped fucking putting their full names in your titles? finally

Gustafsson will destroy this guy so bad, quick KO doesn't tell the full story and we know what happened when he didn't get the quick ko, if he doesn't KO Iron Chined Gus early he is going to have a long night

man.......i like both guys a lot

i guess i hope gus wins so we get him vs dc II. volkan a tough matchup for gus tho

I swear some of you guys have been here for years, how can you still not see difference in styles? Striking isn't just striking, grappling isn't just grappling. Volkan is not Rumble, they both hit hard, but Volkan is not as explosive and seems to have even worse cardio. Gus is going to piece this boy up and finally earn his title shot.

Because Volkan only has one weapon, and it's not even technique. He is really sloppy but packs brutal power. His style is literally made to get fucked up by a lengthy boxer with as quick hands and footwork like Gustafsson.
Should look something like Gus vs Manuwa/Thiago Silva. Rumble was very good at cutting the angles against Gus. Volkan doesn't do that as good.

Oh okay just figured volkan is pretty quick too if he decides to dig into the body it could slow Alex down a little

I like it.

Lock that bitch up and throw a shank in there.

Back