No Sense of Entitlement: Humble Overeem Refuses to Talk Titleshot Before Three Consecutive Wins

Don't underestimate Overeem's chances of catching another title shot. A knee blows out, someone gets busted for PEDs, and he's exactly the sort of guy the UFC would call to fill in as a late replacement – and like him or not, it's very possible he could beat DC (who has the ideal stature and style for Reem to nuke him with a knee, even if it's far from guaranteed) and we already know he could beat Stipe, given we saw him come within a hair's breadth of finishing him when they did fight.

tumblr_odcgvbfacu1qa33wlo1_500.gif
That guillotine attempt still haunts me. He could have just played some top and threw some heavy GNP for a stoppage. Overeem has a really good top game too.

He came out to the pride theme song for that fight. It went from a pride never die moment of history to fucking I felt him tap.

Damn I'm still salty.

Stipe, Ngannou and Blaydes would hurt Reem badly again. I dont want that for the guy.

I would like to see Reem vs Cain
Also, Tuivasa vs Lewis

Why would anyone think that wins over Alexey Oleinik and Sergey Pavlovich would get you anywhere near a title shot?
Before getting the fight with Stipe he won 4 in a row not 3 and they were Arlovski, JDS, Nelson and Struve so all 4 of them were better than Oleinik and Pavlovich

Seriously, do you consider Struve better than Oleinik?
Also, Pavlovich is 26 and seems like a legit talented HW

Because he is jacked, right?
But not Ngannou, JDS, Krylov, Cirkunov, Walker, OSP, Manuwa, Rockhold, Latifi, Anderson, Yoel, Costa, Cannonier, Jacare, Usman, Woodley and many other jacked fighters...

Alexander Volkov got ko'd by Derrick Lewis so unfortunately for Reem he is not exactly relevant or the guy to beat for a title shot.. But I'm sure if they need someone Alistair is always on call
Derrick Lewis? Thought he had been the last title challenger, but I must be wrong. Surely he's some unknown bum.

And they find humor in people suffering, or something going wrong for someone. If someone fell off his bike I would try to help. A dutchman would laugh at him.
Never heard such bullshit in my life. You obviously have never been to the Netherlands.

The Dutch are huge confrontational loud mouths actually.
Bullshit. We are very direct compared to our southern neighbours. Meaning we tell people what we think and what is on our mind. So if we don't like you we will tell you in your face Where as belgians will talk shit after you leave the room. But if we like you we also show that.

In the Netherlands people from Amsterdam are considered cocky.

As for your experiences. Visit the country once and not just the red light district and Amsterdam.. Smh. Tourists.

{<huh}
Where do you get this nonsense from?

Seems like some very generalised view of mainland European comedy favouring slapstick but I don't know why you'd view that as specifically Dutch.

The general Dutch reputation until the more recent rise of more right wing politicans was always more...

Never heard such bullshit in my life. You obviously have never been to the Netherlands.

Bullshit. We are very direct compared to our southern neighbours. Meaning we tell people what we think and what is on our mind. So if we don't like you we will tell you in your face Where as belgians will talk shit after you leave the room. But if we like you we also show that.

In the Netherlands people from Amsterdam are considered cocky.

As for your experiences. Visit the country once and not just the red light district and Amsterdam.. Smh. Tourists.

Unfortunately I've gotten to know them through work so not just as a tourist. Just one recent example, you know that factory in China that blew up and caused a lot of deaths? The dutchmen who brought it up to me were like "did you see that huge fireball?" with a disgusting grin. That's how they react to tragedies unless it hits close to home like terrorist attacks in france and germany. They have a dark and bigoted sense of humor. They love nothing more than to goof on eachother and like I said they laugh at people's misfortune in front of them. You're right, they're very direct and honest, that's why they're rude and obnoxious. I don't really wanna go off on them but since the Dutch have so much to say about Germans and others it's fair game, especially with you guys trying to claim a super clean image of your people, ha right.

Unfortunately I've gotten to know them through work so not just as a tourist. Just one recent example, you know that factory in China that blew up and caused a lot of deaths? The dutchmen who brought it up to me were like "did you see that huge fireball?" with a disgusting grin. That's how they react to tragedies unless it hits close to home like terrorist attacks in france and germany. They have a dark and bigoted sense of humor. They love nothing more than to goof on eachother and like I said they laugh at people's misfortune in front of them. You're right, they're very direct and honest, that's why they're rude and obnoxious. I don't really wanna go off on them but since the Dutch have so much to say about Germans and others it's fair game, especially with you guys trying to claim a super clean image of your people, ha right.
Shrugs. Seems more you met the wrong people. I never met a person that did that. So when being abroad maybe you should scratch your head and watch out who you hang around with Generalsing is one thing. This is just stupid.

Aaah yes The people you met that were Dutch are disgusting idiots. That's not our sense of humor.

This reminds me of the time I met a Dutch guy and he was a dick, therefore they're all dicks.

They don't call it a Dutch oven for nothing, only a sadistic Dutch mind could come up with such a thing and think it funny

Back