No pad work sticky

prestone kid

White Belt
Reaction score
In the instructional sticky. There is a heavy beag and a newb such as my self would like to know how experienced guys do about 6 rounds of pads. And should I assume "jab" is a foot jab because this distinction is rarely made.

Anyway, many classes have so many people it is hard to get a good hold of the thcnique quckly. I thhink a sticky of some pad combos would be benifiical. I don't know if I should follow my stright right hand with a right round kick or left round kick. I think his sticky will help.

Just a thought.
Thanks

What you mean "foot jab?" Stepping with the jab? Or you talking about the teep kick?

Pad work depends heavily on the guy who's holding the pads for you. So if there is an instructional, it should be an instructional on how to hold the pads.

In my class a guy trains and hold them for you. I also train with those guys out of class. I would like to know what to do aside from the instructions yelled to 50 class mates.

What you mean "foot jab?" Stepping with the jab? Or you talking about the teep kick?

Pad work depends heavily on the guy who's holding the pads for you. So if there is an instructional, it should be an instructional on how to hold the pads.
:rolleyes: this is stupid. I'm sorry. I rarley insult on the internet but you leave me no choice.

Most of us have Thia pads and I guy to hold that also attends class. I am sure he hold them at the class and has an idea on the proper way. So, why not have a sticky with an in depth pad workout like the one for the heavy bag?

:rolleyes: this is stupid. I'm sorry. I rarley insult on the internet but you leave me no choice.

Most of us have Thia pads and I guy to hold that also attends class. I am sure he hold them at the class and has an idea on the proper way. So, why not have a sticky with an in depth pad workout like the one for the heavy bag?

Easy there new guy, I have no idea what youre talking about either. What the hell's a foot jab?

Easy there new guy, I have no idea what youre talking about either. What the hell's a foot jab?

IN THE MUAY THAI HEAVY BAG STICKY IT SAID LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JOB AND PUSH KICK. i ASSUME A JAB IS A TEEP, NO? SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

Round 1: Jab and Pushkick Work (keeping the distance)

Minute 1: Focus on your foot movement and form. Throw the jab high to the head or mid to the body to keep the distance comfortable, while staying in guard and light on your feet. Keep it simple to warm up and get your fight going.

Minute 2: Now combine a good push kick with that jab. The push kick should come from your lead leg and strike to the stomache, chest, and rarely the head. Start to feel the difference between jabs and pushkicks, and what they can do for you. Practice the pushkick - jab combo, a good way to insure that the opponent either stays back, or gets combo'd up on after you hit the jab.

Minute 3: Just keep going, really focus on your tactics and movement.

is that what you're talking about
a jab is a punch
the pushkick is a teep

IN THE MUAY THAI HEAVY BAG STICKY IT SAID LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JOB AND PUSH KICK. i ASSUME A JAB IS A TEEP, NO? SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

I'm sure you mean jab. but anyway, push kick = teep kick.

Wait, now you got me confused. I'm not sure anymore.

HOWEVER, the jab is not a type of kick. Its a punching technique.

i dont understand one post made by prestone kid.

but as others have said, teep is with your feet, jab is with your hand.

There's a whole thread somewhere here on pad holding. Both techniques and combo's are discussed, and both Western Boxers and Thai Boxers contributed to it.

Search and ye will find....

Plus check youtube, there's some decent stuff on there last time I checked.

Back