no one is talking about UFC 261

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
i dont think the mas/usman 2 will sell anywhere close to the first one, i doubt it will hit 800k

It's actually been pretty quiet hype for the rematch.

With 2 other title fights you think they'd be trying to sell the card more.

It's actually been pretty quiet hype for the rematch.

With 2 other title fights you think they'd be trying to sell the card more.
i think Masvidal was one hit wonder, not like mcgregor who pulls crazy number even after losing

That’s gonna happen when the main event is a near immediate rematch of a boring one sided fight. Undercard is decent, but I’m not sure how big of sellers Zhang (outside of China) and Shevchenko are. To me, this is 3/4 of the least interesting title fights the UFC has to offer at the moment, with only Nunes/Peña being worse. Card is ok at best to me.

It'll sell fine and this thread will be bumped, tbh.

I bet the mainstream fools are dumb enough to eat it all up again for the rematch

Not gonna lie, I was more pumped for Askren vs Paul. And not even close.

I always watch the embedded but this one...I dont know.

My guess is the main just doesn’t make sense other than padding. Personally I wait and watch all of them together.

Not interested in a fight where one guy is coming off a clear cut loss and is still getting an immediate rematch. However I'll still watch I suppose.

Rose vs zhang is interesting but yeah, im not that hyped either.

This is a case where the co main should be the main event. It’s the only fight of the 3 that’s the outcome is in question. I’m rooting for Masvidal but I don’t see him taking this one. Usman whether you like him or not (I don’t lol) is just on another level. The fight to make was Colby against either one of them.

Regardless though, there’s a chance that Weili/Rose put on a great show. Stylistically they have all the tools to make an absolutely classic if Rose is on her game.

There only really seems to be interest for Weili vs Rose. Which is probably why it is the Co-main over the 125 fight of Shevchenko vs Andrade.

The ME is a total and unnecessary shit show. There is no reason on earth that fight should be taking place. Just Usman trying to pad his record, I guess. Or the UFC thinks it’ll sell. I’d be shocked if this card sells anywhere near what the first one did. And that was the first ppv after the pandemic. That was the selling point. I doubt people will buy this just because there is a live crowd. That’s not a selling point. And everybody knows how this fight is likely to go. We just saw it.

I think it will sell well. Not too many alternatives also the live crowd factor will draw viewers. Not to mention all the titles on the line.

I don't get why Usman's fighting Masvidal again. It's not like the first fight was close.
Nor particularly exciting. It was a good enough match, but nothing that warrants repeat viewings or a rematch.

Usman has no charisma, talks like LL Cool J, talks about himself and things as if he's a monk on a spiritual journey or something, and he's just going to hold Masvidal against the fence.

If Masvidal was going against Colby/Edwards there would be a lot more excitement.

Back