No one can outgrapple Jones

He already sonned an olympic calibre wrestler and has destroyed many BJJ blackbelts. At this point Jon Jones is unbeatable.

He already sonned an olympic calibre wrestler and has destroyed many BJJ blackbelts. At this point Jon Jones is unbeatable.

He most definitely did not "son" Cormier, he did neutralise him though.

Sub grappling wise really he neutralised a declining Shogun as well then beat up on a gassed version for a coiple more rounds. The performance vs Vitor doesn't look that great in retrospect does it? Weidman and Jacare both destroyed him in short order on the ground where as Jones almost got subbed and took 4 rounds to do it.

I don't think he's ever been tested against an opponent with a truely dangerous sub game off of their backs.

maxresdefault.jpg

Platinum Dills D

Apparently you guys have never heard of Garry Tonon

Vitor loosened his grip he didn't want to break his arm.

you are talking about juicing jones. cormier beats non juiced jones. so does gus and probably rumble

Werdum, Romero, jacare, rockhold, Weidman, any HW, a hundred different BJJ blackbelts.... I mean the guy almost got immediatly subbed against a fake blackbelt vitor

Jones has a lot of heart because most fighters would have tapped, he got his arm hyperextended from that attempt.

Can any man outgrapple him in MMA grappling?

So talking him down once and failing to control him for any length of time is "soning" him? did Gus "son" Jones grappling wise then?

Jones "sonned" Chael (then again so did Rashad) but he neutralised Cormier's wrestling mostly via fighting defencively standing and in the clinch and then going after him a bit when he started to gas.

Again I don't think Jones has really been tested by someone with a dangerous submission game either although granted there aren't many such fighters around in the higher weightclasses. My guess is if he fought Werdum or Jacare he would stay as far away from the ground as possible.

Mir and Werdum in pure grappling. I take Brock as well, just because pure strength and lack of size-difference in an MMA-match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back