No one at 155/170 wants anything to do with Ferguson's hybrid boxing/Wing Chun massacre standup(Gif)

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
I dont think after Pettis many people want to share a ring with him. Cardio machine. Then he is pioneering an effective crossover that those of us who train always knew - that despite the ridicule Wing Chun if trained with sparring (which 95% of schools dont do) and combined with boxing is brutal. In fact the open handed gloves which allow 'spoiling' (parrying) of punches which is banned in boxing is made for WC.

Close range telephone box relentless offence with nasty wing chun elbows and hand trapping/parrying combined with boxing.20181009_193352.gif
Double jut sau controlling the hands down then coming over with elbows
20181008_202827.gif

Pak sau's (slapping hand trapping) then overhand elbow

20181008_132836.gif

Posting hand then elbow in close instead of boxing flurry or clinch.20181009_095228.gif

Who is willing to fight the guy?15389800905884_1300x0.jpg

Ferg is a beast, He and Pettis pleased the just bleed gods.

honestly, . im not seeing what everyone else sees. not even joking, khabib would murder tony. tony is good but has nothing to offer khabib

Pettis had him doing the chicken dance yet again though

his defense is pretty bad

Ferguson is a beast but that’s not true...

Plenty of fighters would fight him if need be...

I would love to see him fight Khabib to find out who the true monster @ 155 is ,
My money is on Tony

Pettis seemed content to stand and bang. Does that not count or something?

Pettis had him doing the chicken dance yet again though

his defense is pretty bad
ppl seem to never notice that tony almost gets KOd in like every fight, even against Lando Vannata

not even sure why ppl think hed sub khabib either. khabib is way more experienced on the ground whereas tony just got his BJJ black belt

dont think tony vs khabib would even be competitive tbh. tony too lanky and easy to grab.

This guy is special. Great chin, superb cardio, always pressure (and great game in the pocket), super-tricky ground game, even off his back... A very, very difficult opponent to train for.

This guy is special. Great chin, superb cardio, always pressure (and great game in ihe pocket), super-tricky ground game, even off his back... A very, very difficult opponent to train for.
not great chin, great recovery.
the guy gets dropped and does dances everytime someone hits him hard. he just recovers quick

Woodley sleeps him. Ferguson way too hittable and Woodley has big power.

not great chin, great recovery.
the guy gets dropped and does dances everytime someone hits him hard. he just recovers quick
I see your point. He does get caught, because he overtrusts his chin (or recovery hability) and his zombie-mode-always-forward style of striking has proven to be effective to this date.

You can't blame them... Ferguson is the Lightweight-GOAT.

Look at his opponents, everyone bleeds with several cuts. One fight with El Cucuy and you lose 5 years of your life.

Pettis seemed content to stand and bang. Does that not count or something?
And quit after 10 minutes, couldn't even live to see the round 3.
Any news on his hand, is it even broken?

Here's UFC 229 list of medical suspensions:
  • Anthony Pettis: Must have nasal fracture cleared by doctor or no contest until 04/05/19
The official medical suspensions made no mention of his hand.

I dont think after Pettis many people want to share a ring with him. Cardio machine. Then he is pioneering an effective crossover that those of us who train always knew - that despite the ridicule Wing Chun if trained with sparring (which 95% of schools dont do) and combined with boxing is brutal. In fact the open handed gloves which allow 'spoiling' (parrying) of punches which is banned in boxing is made for WC.

Close range telephone box relentless offence with nasty wing chun elbows and hand trapping/parrying combined with boxing.View attachment 450525
Double jut sau controlling the hands down then coming over with elbows
View attachment 450529

Pak sau's (slapping hand trapping) then overhand elbow

View attachment 450531

Posting hand then elbow in close instead of boxing flurry or clinch.View attachment 450537

Who is willing to fight the guy?View attachment 450539

as much as I like Tony if does not figure out how slip an overhand right someone with better hands than Pettis will ko/tko him with the quickness.

I wouldn't want to get in the cage with this.

I think Tony would have a hard time with Khabib but would massacre Mcgregor in a 5 rounder.

That's basic muay thai with some good wrist control and dirty boxing. Nothing special.

as someone pointed out he gets tagged and dropped way too much to say he has a great chin(do people know what having a great chin means?), his powers of recovery are great similar to felix Trinidad who got dropped a whole lot but just kept on coming forward and would usually brutalise his opponents through shear force of will

I see your point. He does get caught, because he overtrusts his chin (or recovery hability) and his zombie-mode-always-forward style of striking has proven to be effective to this date.

i hope i'm wrong, but Tony is 34 and does take a decent amount of hits in his fights, so i don't see him reigning at lightweight for too long. but i do like his hybrid style, would you say similar to some stuff Jon Jones uses, TheMaster?

Back