no-gi worlds division sizes

akqjt

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just looked online at the ibjjf site and they are listing only two people for my class (Blue Adult Masculino Pluma, or 135 lbs for those who don't speak Portuguese weight class). Thinking of just eating ice cream and pizza for a while to go up to Pena (11 people) even though I hate being small for my division.

Does anyone who did this class last year know how many it got? I was under the impression all the blue belt classes were always big, but if there are only two registered now, what does that say?

direct link to PDF file of registered entrants

Sometimes it takes a while for them to update. At nogi pan I didn't think there was going to be anyone in my division until about a week before the tournament. Frustrating, I know.

They don't update those lists regularly so there could very easily be more people on it.

Dont worry, you will definetly get more than 3+ fights (assuming you win).

Thanks for the responses guys; I was just a bit concerned after I did Grappler's Quest in Vegas in June where I cut to 130 and got moved up since there was no one in my division.

Thanks for the responses guys; I was just a bit concerned after I did Grappler's Quest in Vegas in June where I cut to 130 and got moved up since there was no one in my division.

Im in the exact same division as you, and the major tournaments are always slow to update but within the last week or so many will register and the lists will be updated.

Welcome to my world too. I can typically make the lightest class available and 75% of the time I get moved up anyhow.

Back