No-gi, help with shorts!!!!!

Greg Santana

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I have two questions, I just started bjj and have yet to do any no-gi and was wondering what shorts you guys recommend?

I heard SPRAWL Fusion-S were good? what others do you guys recommend??? and about size i'm a size 33 in jeans but noticed today online that sprawl dosent make 33 so should I go with 34 or 32???

Sprawl
Clinchgear
Nogi
Jaco
Hayabusa

are all good brands....

buy a pair of sprawl and/or clinch gear both excellent for grappling

I heard SPRAWL Fusion-S were good? what others do you guys recommend??? and about size i'm a size 33 in jeans but noticed today online that sprawl dosent make 33 so should I go with 34 or 32???

It all depends on the type of shorts your looking at buying, some brands have elastic waistbands w/drawstrings while others have a regular waistband w/drawstring and some have a regular waistband with no drawstring. If you're buying a pair of shorts with an elastic waistband or a drawstring then you have room to play around with and could possibly go a size up if they dont make your exact size. If all else fails then you could always return the shorts for a larger/smaller size as most companies have good customer service.

Some shorts I have had good experiences with (both quality & customer service):
Tapout
Sprawl
Nogi
Clinch Gear
Forty Thieves

I personally think the NoGi are way over hyped! I have a pair of the Kingpins and have only worn them once. I prefer the Sprawls and Clinch Gear

Hey guys I have two questions, I just started bjj and have yet to do any no-gi and was wondering what shorts you guys recommend?

I'm sure you don't need five exclamation marks worth of help.
Relax, any pair of unrestricting, solidly built shorts without zippers or buttons will do. You don't actually need the latest

I recommend going to Warrior Wear's website and getting their Annihilation shorts! With coupon code Carwin you can get them for 25% off! If you wear 33 in jeans get a 34.

I recommend going to Warrior Wear's website and getting their Annihilation shorts! With coupon code Carwin you can get them for 25% off! If you wear 33 in jeans get a 34.

I ordered a pair of these as soon as I got the email from Warrior. I like my pair of Warrior Domination shorts and heard good things about the Annihilation line. I would highly recommend Warrior Wear, Clinch Gear, and Hayabusa. Familia Gladiatoria also makes extremely comfortable shorts.

you're going to do nogi right? then get a pair of nogis.

I've got several pairs of shorts, but my Sprawls are my go to shorts. And their customer service is unbeatable.

Horses for courses. Depends on your preferences and build.

I like NoGi. I'm also apparently one of the few that like Tapout long shorts. I enjoy the fact that they're roomy even though there's no "extras". While still a good pair of shorts, I don't wear my old Sprawls a lot cos I've found them a bit restrictive even though I only wear the split seams. Same with the Hayabusas.

All great shorts, but again, it's all horses for courses.

Back