No Explode and training question...

Mu Bai

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just picked up No Explode as a recommendation from a guy I train with in Muay Thai. He instructed me to take it before Muay Thai class, which makes sense to me since we're constantly "moving" (doing cardio, pad work, etc.) throughout the entire class, but I was wondering about taking it before my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class as well.

The reason I'm asking is because the first part of BJJ class is technique, so we're fairly "idle" for the first hour or so. We do roll for 5-7, 7 minute rounds at the end of class, but I'm still wondering if it's even worth it...

Also...For anyone who is currently using it, regardless of whether you're using it as a pre-workout or pre-training supplement, what are your opinions?

I like it. I use it before I lift and before I play soccer. I rarely have "one of those days" anymore. The huge strength gains that many have reported in reviews on other sites aren't overly apparent to me (315x5 bench before, 315x5 bench after), but I am able to go harder for longer and have seen noticeable improvements in certain areas.

If your classes are on separate days, I'd take it before each. Otherwise, just load up before the one that you need the most energy for.

Also, like with many other supplements, decide for yourself what dosage is right. BSN wants you to buy more as quickly as possible. Personally, I think their recommendation of 2-3 scoops before a workout is way excessive. I'm a coffee drinker, so maybe that has something to do w/ it, but I'm thinking 2-3 scoops would get me bouncing off walls. I take one scoop prior to lifting/playing soccer and it feels perfect for me. I take Cellmass, too, drinking one scoop after a workout (lifting only), but skipping the recommended serving beffore bedtime.

Bottom line is you have to learn your own body and adjust supplement intake accordingly.

P.S. Though BSN doesn't specifically recommend it, I'd cycle the NO, just like you would regular creatine... 8-10 weeks on followed by 4 or so off.

Be aware of any "proprietary blends.

I have used it, worked well for a few days. Definitely wouldn't take more than a scoop.
I'll never use it again after the rumors of incorrect assay reports.

Chad -

Can you elaborate? I was unaware of said reports, but I try to be pretty careful about what I take, so I'd like to look into this.

Bump, because I'm really curious now. Chad -- point me in the write direction on where to read about the rumors.

Gatorade works better.

fat-
My reports come from the industry. I work for a large distributor and the Pres. is a national BB. I had the opportunity to meet chemists, pro bodybuilders, pro and collegiate athletes.
I'm not going to look for a physical, internet source. I believe that word of mouth and personal experience from others in the industry and myself is far superior to the scientific sources that we all seem to be bombarded with here in the forums.

That being said, I'm sure with sufficient time and resources, you can find something that satisfies your quest.

Good day fat

Madmick-
Are you speaking of Gatorade being your choice of liquid for creatine consumption.

No, I mean that gatorade is more specifically designed for the dextrose boost than what you get from NO Xplode.

Thanks, Chad. Wasn't sure if you had anything, off hand, but I didn't want you to search for it, if not. I'll have to look into that. Kind of a bummer since the stuff has definitely worked better than anything else has has for me.

Back