Nino Schembri's new DVD's

Mikey Triangles

Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985
@red
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4VwYttD5zg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4VwYttD5zg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Budovideos.com - Killer Butterfly & Human Crucifix 3 DVD Set by Nino Schembri

I love the video :)

it really looks like a quality set being put out.

i applaud the man's flexibility and am highly considering purchasing the set.

I definitely want to see a review. I loooove the crucifix, and the butterfly is what I mostly play right now.

Still, I'm worried it's too "tricky" and flexibility dependent.

I definitely want to see a review. I loooove the crucifix, and the butterfly is what I mostly play right now.

I think I'm going to pre-order it. I'm actually hoping it's tricky and flexibility dependant, but I'll let you know if it's not, lol.

I admit it does look really good, can hardly wait for reviews.

i've been working on my flexibility a lot more lately than ever before, but if i really wanted to be flexibile i'd probably have to stretch as much as I lift.

Hmm... I second the request for a review. This looks like it may be a real quality video.

I trained under Nino for a year, and his stuff is that-"tricky" and flexibility dependent.

He is not the greatest communicator, but if your patient you will find his stuff agressive, offence oriented and complete[not just a guard game] You will learn to keep your bearings because you will be upside down and around alot. I hope he is generious in the DVD's because his techniques just smoke Eddie's, IMO.

Moulded my jiu-jitsu game more than any of my BJJ instructors. Because I am 6'4" 205 he showed me alot of Roleta's techs is probably why I gained so much.

The DVDs will be a good value, just get em.

Also consider who writes the review and take that in to account.

Happy Training!!!

I trained under Nino for a year, and his stuff is that-"tricky" and flexibility dependent.

He is not the greatest communicator, but if your patient you will find his stuff agressive, offence oriented and complete[not just a guard game] You will learn to keep your bearings because you will be upside down and around alot. I hope he is generious in the DVD's because his techniques just smoke Eddie's, IMO.

Moulded my jiu-jitsu game more than any of my BJJ instructors. Because I am 6'4" 205 he showed me alot of Roleta's techs is probably why I gained so much.

The DVDs will be a good value, just get em.

Also consider who writes the review and take that in to account.

Happy Training!!!

being a bigger guy (you're about my size), did you find it difficult to develop your flexibility?

being a bigger guy (you're about my size), did you find it difficult to develop your flexibility?

Sorry no, I was born flexible. I can put my feet behind my head cold. I dont even strech man, and am 53 years old. I just warm up by rollin slow and technical before going hard.

I have found for guys tho who want to do this stuff, the two places that you need flexibility is being able to sit on your feet to strech out your knees, and then scoot your hips off them and sit to each side of your feet. get comfortable with that and it will give you some idea how much stress your knees will take. Your gettin flexible for this stuff when you can sit flat between your feet and can push your heels out go give your knees some rotation.

Also let all your air out when your stacked up, dont hold your breath.

Montanha then introduced the inverted guard to Nick Diaz about 5 years later.

Sorry no, I was born flexible. I can put my feet behind my head cold. I dont even strech man, and am 53 years old. I just warm up by rollin slow and technical before going hard.

I have found for guys tho who want to do this stuff, the two places that you need flexibility is being able to sit on your feet to strech out your knees, and then scoot your hips off them and sit to each side of your feet. get comfortable with that and it will give you some idea how much stress your knees will take. Your gettin flexible for this stuff when you can sit flat between your feet and can push your heels out go give your knees some rotation.

Also let all your air out when your stacked up, dont hold your breath.

and preferably let the air come out AS breath. you people know who you are, and that squeky mat excuse only works for a second.

haha, that's funny.

i've been working a lot of the stretches from bravo's rubber guard book, but it's hard to mentally break the pattern of trying to lift big numbers in the gym and instead focus on being more flexible.

So, has anyone picked this up yet? I'm hoping someone will post a review soon.

Damnit! I was thinking about buying it today, started browsing and spent all my money on a couple other sets.

I think I need an intervention :(

what ones did you end up getting?

i always go on with the intention of getting instructions and end up getting event dvds.

what ones did you end up getting?

i always go on with the intention of getting instructions and end up getting event dvds.

I decided I put off the Robson Moura set for far too long, and grabbed it for a decent price.

Back