Ninja Gaiden trilogy - Out June 10th

hillelslovak87

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/17/22288083/ninja-gaiden-trilogy-nintendo-switch-release-date
Ninja Gaiden trilogy coming to Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC

"Team Ninja’s Ninja Gaiden trilogy — the modern incarnation that stars master ninja Ryu Hayabusa — is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC (via Steam), and Xbox One on June 10. Publisher Koei Tecmo revealed the Ninja Gaiden collection during a Nintendo Direct presentation on Wednesday.

The Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection will include Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, as well as all DLC, costumes, and game modes"

giphy.gif

That's dope. Obviously it will be at higher resolutions, would be cool to know if they upscaled textures for this as well. I'll probably grab it on sale on Steam at some point.

Sweet. Games were awesome. Never did beat the final boss in Sigma 1.

Ninja gaiden 2 should be remastered, not sigma 2
The textures are all in 720p. There are methods to upscale textures with algorithms that wouldn't be too difficult to pull off. The appearance of the game would absolutely benefit from it.

Ninja gaiden 2 should be remastered, not sigma 2

I don’t know all the ins and outs about how they differ, other than I think the blood and gore is supposedly greatly reduced in Sigma 2 compared to the 360 version, right?

In any event, I still have Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2, and they both work on my Series X so another remaster I can skip.

Last edited:
I don’t know all the ins and outs about how they differ, other than I think the blood and gore is supposedly greatly reduced in Sigma 2 compared to the 360 version, right?

In any event, I still have Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2, and they both work on my Series X so another remaster I can skip.
Ninja gaiden is all about fairness, enemies are there to hurt you, not there for you to beat on them.

Original game had a more aggressive AI, and a lot of more enemies per encounter, but less health, sigma version had a much more spammy AI (fuck rockets and incendiary shiruken), less enemies per encounter but they bumped their health up, so they feel like sponges even when you try high % maim techniques.

Blood and dismemberment are a main mechanic of the game, it was a bad decision to remove/censor them. I still can't get why they keep doubling on that l.

Original fame feels much more visceral, brutal and fast, remake takes all that away.

I love NG black and NG2, and I have bought them in almost every iteration, I don't know if I'll get this one, but I'd really like a new game.

Ninja gaiden is all about fairness, enemies are there to hurt you, not there for you to beat on them.

Original game had a more aggressive AI, and a lot of more enemies per encounter, but less health, sigma version had a much more spammy AI (fuck rockets and incendiary shiruken), less enemies per encounter but they bumped their health up, so they feel like sponges even when you try high % maim techniques.

Blood and dismemberment are a main mechanic of the game, it was a bad decision to remove/censor them. I still can't get why they keep doubling on that l.

Original fame feels much more visceral, brutal and fast, remake takes all that away.

I love NG black and NG2, and I have bought them in almost every iteration, I don't know if I'll get this one, but I'd really like a new game.

Ok, so they tamed the gore? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. That sucks.

Sounds interesting but if its just a resolution bump then it might not be worth going back to. I really enjoyed one of these games when I played it on PS3 it was sigma but I figure which one.

Ok, so they tamed the gore? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. That sucks.
It's been a while, and they replaced it with blue/purple essence/light/air and the limbs disappear.

A long time ago, people used to fantasize about a change in color of the light to something red, but I'm pretty sure that the change didn't happen

It's been a while, and they replaced it with blue/purple essence/light/air and the limbs disappear.

A long time ago, people used to fantasize about a change in color of the light to something red, but I'm pretty sure that the change didn't happen

Something tells me PC modders will rectify this issue.

Visuals and more details from TN homepage here. (external)

The graphics don't really look updated. I'm guessing this is just some sort of straight port similar to what they did with DMC. Disappointing if true.

fucking finally.

I was looking into just buying the originals again recently since I was sick of waiting... didn't read the article yet, but I'm hoping for a physical edition. Better be one or I keep waiting until it goes on mega sale, which is the only time I'll buy shit digital.

great news though, these games are awesome.

fucking finally.

I was looking into just buying the originals again recently since I was sick of waiting... didn't read the article yet, but I'm hoping for a physical edition. Better be one or I keep waiting until it goes on mega sale, which is the only time I'll buy shit digital.

great news though, these games are awesome.
They'd be shortsighted not to go physical or metal box with this, IMO. Nostalgia is a currency you can bank on and I can see CEs selling like hotcakes; I don't know many gamers who didn't grow up on Ninja Gaiden.

This was the first Dark Souls for me. I remember that boss on the horse in NGB destroying me constantly. Beating him was a big moment!

Did we have to kill every enemy to get back to the boss when we died, I forget how their saves worked?

The graphics don't really look updated. I'm guessing this is just some sort of straight port similar to what they did with DMC. Disappointing if true.

They're based on the PS3 ports but with some modes added that were in the Vita version.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-...ection-is-based-on-the-ps3-version-in-quality

There won't be any next gen upgrades to come either, plus these games were chosen due to some of the others not being in a salvageable state.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...llection-games-interview-data-loss-team-ninja

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back