News Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir added to Oct 17 (Ortega vs. Jung) FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...v-vs-volkan-oezdemir-light-heavyweight-oct-17

SIR

Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir set to co-headline UFC's Oct. 17 card

A light heavyweight matchup between Nikita Krylov and Volkan Oezdemir is set to co-headline one of UFC’s October events.

UFC officials today announced the bout between Krylov (26-7 MMA, 8-5 UFC) and Oezdemir (17-5 MMA, 5-4 UFC) for Oct. 17.

The event takes place at Flash Forum at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. It’s expected to air on ESPN or stream on ESPN+.

Krylov, 28, has alternated wins and losses in his four fights since returning to the UFC for a second stint in September 2018. “The Miner” is coming off a unanimous decision win over Johnny Walker at UFC on ESPN+ 28 in November in what was his first time ever winning on the scorecards.

Oezdemir, 31, meanwhile, will try to rebound from a second-round knockout against Jiri Prochazka at UFC 251 in July. Prior to that, he’d won consecutive bouts against Aleksander Rakic and Ili Latifi.

I'm surprised Volkan came back so soon after this.
LavishDeliriousIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

Or should I say, he came back in no time? get it?
tenor.gif

Great fight!! I say Volkan takes him

Why aren't these guys getting long suspensions after getting knocked out like they used to before?
This fight is 3 months away? When has anyone been given a mandatory suspension of more than 90 days?

Rozenstruik was only suspended 60 days after getting killed by Ngannou for instance.

Either Volkan KO
Or Krylov Sub

really good on a limb here fam

Great co-main. I bet this won't go the distance and finish early which is nice.

I dont judge volkan for getting koed by jiri.

Jiri=Akuma

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...v-vs-volkan-oezdemir-light-heavyweight-oct-17

SIR

Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir set to co-headline UFC's Oct. 17 card

A light heavyweight matchup between Nikita Krylov and Volkan Oezdemir is set to co-headline one of UFC’s October events.

UFC officials today announced the bout between Krylov (26-7 MMA, 8-5 UFC) and Oezdemir (17-5 MMA, 5-4 UFC) for Oct. 17.

The event takes place at Flash Forum at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. It’s expected to air on ESPN or stream on ESPN+.

Krylov, 28, has alternated wins and losses in his four fights since returning to the UFC for a second stint in September 2018. “The Miner” is coming off a unanimous decision win over Johnny Walker at UFC on ESPN+ 28 in November in what was his first time ever winning on the scorecards.

Oezdemir, 31, meanwhile, will try to rebound from a second-round knockout against Jiri Prochazka at UFC 251 in July. Prior to that, he’d won consecutive bouts against Aleksander Rakic and Ili Latifi.

Rooting for Volkan as always.

His hilarious KO of Manuwa helped make me a hardcore.

VOLKAN IS ONLY 31?????

Shit I thought he was almost 40.

Hope he comes back strong

I like this fight, I have Oezdemir sneaking a decision.

Back