Nikita Krylov says coronavirus is transmitted through TV

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I’m trying not to think about it. I think to a large extent the coronavirus is transmitted through the TV. People who constantly think about it are at the biggest risk of being infected,” Krylov said.

“Why (worry)? The zone of risk is for elderly people and people who have a weak immunity. It’s good impetus to keep yourself in shape, eat well and stay physically active. Apart from that, every day people die in large numbers. A brick could fall on anyone’s head. That’s why I don’t see any point in wrapping yourself up in Scotch (tape) and not touching other people. I don’t do that.”

Krylov admits that fighting Walker at UFC Brasilia without an audience felt weird because he didn’t feel the energy of the fans. But on the other hand, he could hear his cornermen a lot better, and ultimately the fan-less crowd wasn’t a negative factor for him as he won the fight by unanimous decision.

“I don’t know if (no fans) matters a lot. Maybe without fans it’s a bit easier, there’s no noise, you can hear your corner clearly, no one distracts you. “But fans still give you a special energy. You can fight ether way, but I liked how the tournament was organized in Brazil, putting aside the fact that there's a pandemic."

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/nikita-krylov-says-coronavirus-is-transmitted-through-your-tv/

Here we go... Another person who just doesn't get it.

I'm more pissed there's no search button.

Oh...the man needs break from getting punched in the head too much.

People with a public platform have a responsibility to act and say responsible things regarding this pandemic.

He can be a direct reason now that people keep infecting others. People dont think before they speak.

Here we go... Another person who just doesn't get it.
Yeah but this is far beyond

Downplaying the virus and criticising the restrictions is one thing

People being infected by their tv, that's just nuts

“I’m trying not to think about it. I think to a large extent the coronavirus is transmitted through the TV. People who constantly think about it are at the biggest risk of being infected,” Krylov said.

“Why (worry)? The zone of risk is for elderly people and people who have a weak immunity. It’s good impetus to keep yourself in shape, eat well and stay physically active. Apart from that, every day people die in large numbers. A brick could fall on anyone’s head. That’s why I don’t see any point in wrapping yourself up in Scotch (tape) and not touching other people. I don’t do that.”

Krylov admits that fighting Walker at UFC Brasilia without an audience felt weird because he didn’t feel the energy of the fans. But on the other hand, he could hear his cornermen a lot better, and ultimately the fan-less crowd wasn’t a negative factor for him as he won the fight by unanimous decision.

“I don’t know if (no fans) matters a lot. Maybe without fans it’s a bit easier, there’s no noise, you can hear your corner clearly, no one distracts you. “But fans still give you a special energy. You can fight ether way, but I liked how the tournament was organized in Brazil, putting aside the fact that there's a pandemic."

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/nikita-krylov-says-coronavirus-is-transmitted-through-your-tv/
Bad fighting and corona IQ

<YeahOKJen>

Alright it's the matrix and what a person thinks comes to reality.

It's either a braindead statement or very clever one....

I don't think he's saying that literally. At least I hope he's not.

Pretty sure he's just referring to 'negative energy' or some shit.

It sounds to me like a classic case of a guy using a figure of speech and the translator not really understanding it or knowing how to translate it in a way that communicates the nuance of the sentiment. His other statements later in the interview are not coherent with a 'television makes protean replicants' interpretation.

“I’m trying not to think about it. I think to a large extent the coronavirus is transmitted through the TV. People who constantly think about it are at the biggest risk of being infected,” or to put it in other words, commenting on the damage the coronavirus phenomena can be causing through the panic and anxiety it induces in people (id est, people glued to their tvs hanging on every report), beyond actual infection.

Last edited:
His point is that fear & panic are more of a threat than the actual virus, he doesn't mean the virus can literally be transmitted through the TV.

I don't think he meant it literally in that sort of way. There's also the language thing. Things can get misconstrued when translated.

I don't think he's saying that literally. At least I hope he's not.

Pretty sure he's just referring to 'negative energy' or some shit.

he's most definitely not saying it literally. All you have to do is the read the sentence.

Way to go with the clickbait, bjpenn.com

I'm sure the translation is a bit rough on top of it but Krylov is basically saying that TV is causing panic - not that it's literally causing the virus. Thankfully I can continue to support Krylov.

Back