• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Nier :Automata

kenetics

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is a very underated action RPG. Has multiple play through with different ending. Just finish my second play through and was shocked how things were different.

Side quest on this game are actually important to complete so you can learn about the history of your journey . I never heard of this game until I saw it on game pass .

Solid 8/10

It has some of the best writing ive seen in a game. If you love philosophy, you should see quite a bit of Nietzsche in there

I agree. I like how you can learn more about the story through side quest. Not a typical fetch quest with no actual story to it. Alot not mini stories in the game.

If people like rpg games , this is a must play.

Played it a few years ago. Great game, but incredibly convoluted and at times confusing to play. Also I understand going for the dystopian vibe, but I could see the almost complete lack of color being a turn off to many people. Was pretty cool though how it nailed the gameplay of a hack and slash RPG, platformer, and shmup. Most games that try to do too many things end up sucking real bad.

Played it a few years ago. Great game, but incredibly convoluted and at times confusing to play. Also I understand going for the dystopian vibe, but I could see the almost complete lack of color being a turn off to many people. Was pretty cool though how it nailed the gameplay of a hack and slash RPG, platformer, and shmup. Most games that try to do too many things end up sucking real bad.

It was confusing at first with the map but after a couple run through of beating it, it was much easier. The story starts to make more sense on second play through and defentially third play through .

It was confusing at first with the map but after a couple run through of beating it, it was much easier. The story starts to make more sense on second play through and defentially third play through .
I last played it in early 2018 so my memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember the power up system to not be intuitive at all. Like it was damn near 10 hours before I really got the hang of properly powering up. Also not knowing what to do for things like the best ending were an issue. With that though I only played through it once then put it away.

I last played it in early 2018 so my memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember the power up system to not be intuitive at all. Like it was damn near 10 hours before I really got the hang of properly powering up. Also not knowing what to do for things like the best ending were an issue. With that though I only played through it once then put it away.

Ya. I figure out the power up 3 hours in. You have to buy slots and then enter them in. They could've did a better way explaining. Cool game though once you get it down.

Ya. I figure out the power up 3 hours in. You have to buy slots and then enter them in. They could've did a better way explaining. Cool game though once you get it down.

It took me awhile to figure out those power up slots too but once I did figure it out it became a fun little mini game, trying to figure out the best combos to get the most bang for your buck

Didnt even finish the game once though, rage quit after I died 3 times in a row really quickly and lost all my stuff
Was a fun game but no way was I gonna play it more than once even if I did finish

I found it repetitive as hell. I wanted to like it, but it irritated more than pleased.

Nier: Automata was a 10/10 for me.

There are no perfect games, but for my enjoyment I probably can't get much more out of a game. Loved everything about it. Finished all the campaigns, got a bunch of endings and whatever I missed I watched on Youtube.

I know it's not quite the same deal, but I'm looking forward to starting Replicant.

Nier: Automata was a 10/10 for me.

There are no perfect games, but for my enjoyment I probably can't get much more out of a game. Loved everything about it. Finished all the campaigns, got a bunch of endings and whatever I missed I watched on Youtube.

I know it's not quite the same deal, but I'm looking forward to starting Replicant.

What's replicant?

I love the game. A lot of fun. Unfortunately I got burnt out halfway through the second play through. I need to pick it back up and run it all the way through.

I love the game. A lot of fun. Unfortunately I got burnt out halfway through the second play through. I need to pick it back up and run it all the way through.

The story was pretty cool. I just got all endings. Amazing game imo

Wow. Thanks for letting me know. Wonder if it's as good.

not supposed to be as good, but it's definitely got the same fascinating world and weirdness so I'm still really looking forward to it.. just not expecting the masterpiece that I think Automata is.

Back