Nieky Holzken on Daniels fight, future in boxing, Paul Daley, more

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy came by the Mayweather Gym yesterday. I dont know jack about kickboxing, but he will be training there today so I am going to interview him. Any suggestions for good questions since i dont know much about this guy?

Here is the interview that ended up coming out of it

Last edited:
He also competes in Boxing, so you can dive into that asking about what plans he has going forward in Pro Boxing.

To follow up on that ask him about the differences between fighting in the two sports.

You can ask him about how he feels about the current landscape of Kickboxing and see if he has insight on why it hasn't quite taken off in the US.

Ask him who he really wants to fight KB or Boxing, and when he cleans out his division in KB would he have potential to cut to a lower weight, or move up in weight for more potential match ups.

Ask him how he feels about the flashy style his opponent Raymond Daniels uses and how effective it is in Kickboxing.

ask him what he thinks about the current situation with Saki and Spong.

ask him what he thinks about the current situation with Saki and Spong.
Since TS doesn't follow KB, some context: these guys are holding out from competing in Glory because they don't want to take a pay cut.

^^^^^yea, i googled it. thanks.

i am gonna ask all these and i see he want daley at the next bellator event. that should get me some good stuff. i will post the interview here this evening.

thanks for the tips

Ask him how he feels about Bazooka Joe being out indefinitely, since that was a much-anticipated rematch.

Cool TS, I am looking forward to the answers. I hope there will be training footage of Holzken training there just like they did when he was with the blackzilians.

Nieky is a boxer as well and a huge boxing fan from what i've read in interviews. maybe ask him who his favorite boxers are, his future goals moving forward with Glory, and if he'll ever consider MMA?

Ask him about his thoughts on his upcoming title fight and if he would ever consider a boxing match with Marc de Bonte.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. i will ask the questions posted after i did the interview later in the week at the open workouts. i also have some training footage coming.

not my best work but its hard to do an interview when you have no idea what you are talking about. kid is pretty cool though, he definitely made me a fan.

Holzken and De Bonte switching to boxing, Valtellini injured.

Raymond Daniels, the greatest ever. Glory welterweight champ 2016.

i forgot to add, i may have inadvertently aranged the main event for the denver card. dont ask who because i dont want to mess it up, but i would love to see it happen.

Great interview.

It'd be a real shame if he stopped Kickboxing, but I support his decision to move to Boxing. The guy has a lot of skill with his hands, not the best defensive fighter, but has power and a genuinely liver crushing body shot.

He fights at Super MW in Boxing, it's not the best division in the sport, but it's got easily one of the best Boxers in Ward. I don't know what kind of success he'll have in Boxing, but I wish him the best.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back