Nick Diaz vs Woodley

No has no standing in the division! He's not even top 10! He is UNRANKED and his last win is over BJ Penn who should have been fighting featherweight.

BJ was coming off a draw against the consensus number 2 WW in the world at the time Nick fought him and BJ won 2 of the 3 rounds against said number 2 WW. Skill wise Nick is easily top ten, Matt Brown was ranked 5 not that long ago lol. Of course he isn't gonna be ranked he hasn't fought in years. I'm not saying he deserves a fight with Woodley anyway.

I agree, I was just saying, haha. My idea wasn't something i'd like but something i'd be barely okay with :p
I got ya man. Hell, as much Diaz doesn't deserve it, it's not like I'd boycott that fight. I'd have my popcorn ready.

Ya know what. I thought of one thing that would make me okay with this stupid fight: Make it a non-title fight.

Because Nick sure as hell doesn't deserve a damn title shot. Wonderboy is waiting.
I can't even get on board if it's non title. Diaz's last win was against an under sized, unmotivated, past prime BJ Penn... yeah, BJ is a legend... but that BJ wasn't the BJ that fought GSP, Sliced up prime Diego, or murdered Jens Pulver... that was a war torn, disinterested BJ and it can't even be called an accomplishment for an "elite" (who had Nick beat to call him that?) WW to beat him then.

Nick loses anticlimactically, once again failing to care enough about actually winning to make sense in the title picture.

Honestly tho... Nick could win. Woodley could easily gas and get submitted. But it's a stupid fight. Let Nick do his Nick thing. He's already disappointed his title contender proponents enough times. I want to see him fight Cerrone. Give Cerrone a shot at Diaz redemption and give them both a nice pay day. Cerrone deserves more fame fights and Diaz doesn't deserve any more super fights he fails to perform in.

To the people who say Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight in 3 years

Lost an extremely close decision to Condit
Lost to arguably the greatest fighter of our generation in GSP
Lost to a roided out Silva in a higher weight class

You can fight nobodies and amass a 22-0 record like Thomas Almeida and eventually get knocked the fuck out
Or you can fight the best fighters on the planet and lose to them after putting up a fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back