Nick Diaz trying to be Conor McGregor?

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
On potential opponents:
"I'm on top right now. I'm on top of this game. There ain't no giving me a shot. I'M giving somebody a shot. If anybody's getting a shot, it's somebody getting a shot against me 'cause I'm the guy to beat.

"What are you guys going to do for me? I can't help you. I mean you can't help yourself. You need to go help yourself and then maybe after you do that we can have some sort of a deal.

"I don't see a superstar out there. I don't see Georges St. Pierre coming back. He's too scared to come back and do a fight with me and the rest of these guys are not superstars. Who are they? I don't even wanna say their name 'cause nobody even heard it yet until I say something. Now everybody will know who the guy is."

On fighting Lawler:
"No. He just lost."

Keep in mind, he's on a 3 fight losing streak and hasn't fought in almost 2 years. If I had read these quotes without knowing it was Diaz, I'd probably think they came out of McGregor's mouth.

Funny how he says that Lawler just lost. Nick must forgot the last time he won a fight.

I'm a big fan of Nick, but I have no idea what the fuck he is talking about or thinking like 80% of the time I hear him in interviews. Nate is much better on the mic.

That's how Nick always sounds

Nick was Conor before Conor was Conor. Nick always talked smack.

Maybe he was considering a medical suspension after Robbie got KTFO'd with the "he just lost" comment.

I wish Nick would just take a decent tune-up fight that could at least justify a fight with title implications.

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

did sound Conorish. He needs to win a fight before talking like that. Even if GSP comes back, who wants to see him fight Nick? Nick had nothing for him. He does have a big name, but he needs to beat a top fighter.

Maybe he was considering a medical suspension after Robbie got KTFO'd with the "he just lost" comment.

I wish Nick would just take a decent tune-up fight that could at least justify a fight with title implications.
No, why would he want to fight Lawler off a bad loss? a win over Lawler wouldn't mean anything right now.

He was saying something of the sorts in stikeforce around the time he fought Daley.

No, why would he want to fight Lawler off a bad loss? a win over Lawler wouldn't mean anything right now.
Truthfully, I really don't think he's interested in fighting him at all. I think he'd do it if the money was right and/or the title was on the line, but otherwise I don't think it would interest him much. I think he'd take many other non-title fights before one with Lawler at this point.
But in addition to that, Lawler probably wont be fighting for a little bit, anyway.

The troubling part is he actually believes the nonsense he says. The more troubling part is there are loads of morons that believe it & ready to shell out their $ for him.

The UFC should call his bluff. Offer him no fights, because none are "big enough".

We'll see who who's "on top of this game" in about a year, when he's another year older, with no income and burning through what little cash he has.

Then offer him the #12 guy, at 20/20.

Typical swagger jacking the GOAT. Probably spent 18 months studying conor to be more like him.

18 months and all we got was that lousy interview...

Back