• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Nick coming for that belt?

I remember Nick saying that he does not want to fight more but the UFC refuses to let go of him and does not want to terminate his contract.
And that he never asked for the Robbie Lawler fight and was forced to accept it on forced notice.

I dont know what the story about Nick vs Luque is. Either Nick needs money or the UFC forces him to complete his contract.

I remember Nick saying that he does not want to fight more but the UFC refuses to let go of him and does not want to terminate his contract.
And that he never asked for the Robbie Lawler fight and was forced to accept it on forced notice.

I dont know what the story about Nick vs Luque is. Either Nick needs money or the UFC forces him to complete his contract.

Ufc likely won’t release him so he said fuck it and is gonna fight out his contract so he can go box Jake Paul like his brother Nate did. There’s a few money fights out there for him once he’s done with the ufc

Lol people who believe the UFC dragged his carcass out of the house against his will. Diaz stories never make sense and yet people keep buying then.

I guess if I could I would just wear a series of shirts with my name and face on them too

8s9jyt.gif

He probably wants to do other things...Ariel said he has four fights left on his UFC contract. Hopefully, Nick negotiates a release by agreeing to do one or two of them.

Remember Rockhold vs Costa, with Luke gassing out quick and crying about him being old ? That'll be worse.

Reactions: HHJ

They dont force shit. They have to offer few fights every year and fighter can take one if he want. Sometimes they know its very unlikely that fight will happen (muslims & ramadan etc) but they offer it anyway because their deal demand it.

Lol people who believe the UFC dragged his carcass out of the house against his will. Diaz stories never make sense and yet people keep buying then.
LOL, yup. Posters here are acting like UFC breaks down Nick's door and put a gun to his head, and MAKE him fight.
He didn't want to fight Lawler, but they had Nate in the back, bound to a chair with a gun to his head as well ;)

He probably wants to do other things...Ariel said he has four fights left on his UFC contract. Hopefully, Nick negotiates a release by agreeing to do one or two of them.

Does the UFC hold a person's rights indefinitely if they don't accept fights and are still under contract? Don't the contracts expire after a certain amount of time or something? I thought Francis just waited his contract out, not sure.

If he doesn't want to fight anymore what's the problem? The only reason he would want to get out his contract is if he has plans to fight somewhere else.

Does the UFC hold a person's rights indefinitely if they don't accept fights and are still under contract? Don't the contracts expire after a certain amount of time or something? I thought Francis just waited his contract out, not sure.

I honestly don't know. I thought newer deals were not 'indefinite', something the UFC changed in response to the anti-trust suit being launched...but I don't know. Apparently Dana would not let GSP box Oscar de la Hoya a few years back and that was 3+ years after the Bisping fight, so they still had power over GSP.

Nicks' status seems unclear. Multiple sources cite that he signed a 3-fight deal when he came back to fight Silva in 2014, meaning this one with Luque should be his last, given that he fought Lawler last year...but Helwani said he has five (including this one, so four more after Luque).

Ariel is usually not wrong, so unless he misspoke...?

Back