• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nick “golem” ring

I thought he was going to be the first male fighter to come out as openly gay or bi. Not that there's anything wrong with that.[/QUOTE

No, no, of course not! People's personal sexual preferences are

nobody's business but their own!

He's a landlord - at least what I heard.

He used to hang out at the Starbucks across from Sunridge mall (by the theatre) all the time but they closed down.

I'm also pretty sure he's repeating conservative tropes on social media.

He's a landlord - at least what I heard.

He used to hang out at the Starbucks across from Sunridge mall (by the theatre) all the time but they closed down.

I'm also pretty sure he's repeating conservative tropes on social media.

yeah, it’s all anti-vax/Trudeau/etc… on his page

tumblr_mi71pza3kl1ry1rm7o1_250.gifv

ShabbyCreepyCalf-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_mt307wIwVs1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

5.gif

TIM DID NOT SUCK YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!

e6187f07675e2404cb73edbc7b576b7c_w200.gif
Was legit surprised when I saw first GIF when it happened as I was sure dude was 1. Out fuckin cold. & 2. Broke his neck!:eek:Slams head & neck first and went limp for that splittest of secondests!:))

Last edited:
Nick Ring is a nice man and treats his fans very well. Tbh he was the uncrowned ultimate fighter.

He's waxing Arona's surfboard in his time off from driving Goran Reljic from burning houses and sinking buses

I thought he was going to be the first male fighter to come out as openly gay or bi. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

IIRC, someone on Sherdog knew him in real life and said he really hams up the camp shit for a joke and really is quite the ladies man.

What ever happened to this guy? I live in Calgary and I’ve been combing all the local Starbucks watching for him while he goes in to order his caramel Frappuccino with extra sprinkles that he so famously referenced on the ultimate fighter. I miss the golem and would love to see him back in the octagon.

Why is he known as 'Golem' in Calgary, though?

Was his nickname really Gollum? That’s quite good. Should have adopted an entire routine where he acted like Sméagol outside the cage and Gollum once the door locked.
I have a beagle named smeagolIMG_20220401_125548.jpg

Nick Ring is a nice man and treats his fans very well. Tbh he was the uncrowned ultimate fighter.

Apparently he's friendly with a bunch of people that I know in the fight scene here in NYC.

He's weird when it comes to politics; but whenever we 'chatted' MMA he was always very kind.

Golem has nothing to do with Gollum from LOTR lol. It comes from Jewish folklore and describes a being made out of clay.
Tolkien most likely got some inspiration for his Gollum character from the Golem. There has been a decent amount written on the subject. Obviously nobody can say for sure because Tolkien never explicitly said whether he based Gollum of the Golem.

Tolkien most likely got some inspiration for his Gollum character from the Golem. There has been a decent amount written on the subject. Obviously nobody can say for sure because Tolkien never explicitly said whether he based Gollum of the Golem.

Interesting, never heared of that one before but I must admit I haven't read any of the Tolkien books (shame on me). The words are very similar, but just judging from what I know about the Gollum character from movies he doesn't have much in common with a golem. iirc a Golem, according to folklore, was summoned and created to protect people. But I heared before that Tolkien took inspiration from stuff like that.

You obviously weren’t a fan of “the golem” and you probably don’t even like Starbucks
Who the fuck really likes Starbucks?
And who the fuck is both a fan of "the golem" AND likes Starbucks? Not even his mother

Back