nice try dan hardy. media

Probably because Nick is still working on getting back into fighting shape. Nate currently is still a main event fighter, his ppv numbers makes him that way. His last loss is to a doctor stoppage from a cut, so he still has leverage and he is smartly using it. There's few fighters that move the needle with PPVs, Nate is one of them. Nick probably doesn't expect to be the main event in his come back fight. I think he just wants to make sure he is actually fight ready. He has been drinking every weekday/weekend for the past few years. He definitely wasn't in fighting shape and wasn't taking his training seriously during that time.

the last 4 or 5 years someone from team nick diva always says he in the gym never looking better fight news soon. how is nate using it smartly. he turned down the jorge rematch when he said it all he wantd. he not looking to fight dustin any mroe after getting all twitter but hurt. nate knows he can use his twitter thumbs more to get clicks and attention than fighting which now looks like taht all he cares about now.

Matt Brown or Condit

I'd suggest that diaz is much more luckily to come back against hardy than masivdal. People forget that diaz was on a three fight losing streak, and that was 6 years ago... fighting masvidal would not be a good idea

the last 4 or 5 years someone from team nick diva always says he in the gym never looking better fight news soon. how is nate using it smartly. he turned down the jorge rematch when he said it all he wantd. he not looking to fight dustin any mroe after getting all twitter but hurt. nate knows he can use his twitter thumbs more to get clicks and attention than fighting which now looks like taht all he cares about now.
They were saying that about Nick but all the actual footage anyone saw from him was him wasted inside/outside the club during all that time.

Nate is using it smartly because he isn't risking losing his leverage and star power. He makes a lot of money from his fights so he just waits for the best opportunity instead of forcing opportunities and risking his current star power/leverage. It's not easy to become a needle mover/money-fight fighter, so when you get to that level you have to make different decisions or else it'll all be gone just like that. Dustin is currently in the money fight stage and that's why he is smartly doing the Conor trilogy fight. You don't waste those opportunities, they are hard to come by and hard to maintain. Losses derail the hype and interest, like what happened with Masvidal with Usman. His stock went down from the loss just like Conor's did with his loss. They both need a win in their next fight to remain money-fight fighters, additional losses will just continue to lower their stock and they will have to fight for that status again vs contenders also trying to reach that level.

Like Anderson Silva was once the main event money-fight fighter, after his losses his status changed to undercard than as a stepping stone for upcoming talent. That's what happens if you don't properly handle that status and make smart fight decisions once you reach that level.

Nick Diaz last win............. 2011

Dan Hardy last win...........2012

It's really a match made in heaven.

Dan Hardy starting to realize that it's not just fans who don't care about his comeback but the UFC too

They were saying that about Nick but all the actual footage anyone saw from him was him wasted inside/outside the club during all that time.

Nate is using it smartly because he isn't risking losing his leverage and star power. He makes a lot of money from his fights so he just waits for the best opportunity instead of forcing opportunities and risking his current star power/leverage. It's not easy to become a needle mover/money-fight fighter, so when you get to that level you have to make different decisions or else it'll all be gone just like that. Dustin is currently in the money fight stage and that's why he is smartly doing the Conor trilogy fight. You don't waste those opportunities, they are hard to come by and hard to maintain. Losses derail the hype and interest, like what happened with Masvidal with Usman. His stock went down from the loss just like Conor's did with his loss. They both need a win in their next fight to remain money-fight fighters, additional losses will just continue to lower their stock and they will have to fight for that status again vs contenders also trying to reach that level.

Like Anderson Silva was once the main event money-fight fighter, after his losses his status changed to undercard than as a stepping stone for upcoming talent. That's what happens if you don't properly handle that status and make smart fight decisions once you reach that level.

so going on twitter and nate demanding the jorge rematch just to turn it down is being smart? jorge vs nate 2 is huge and doesnt hurt the loser at all. if nate only holding out for conor 3 fight than he never fight again cause conor not talking about nate and nate not fighting at 155 again.

I have no idea if Hardy intends to come back, but it’s a sad reality of 2021 that every half-assed bozo has some sort of podcast, Instagram hustle, etc. that will benefit from any attention the guy can muster for any reason.

Ho right, I forgot about that. I think he might still get cleared.
He requires heart surgery to compete. They would fix his irregular heartbeat, but surgery is something he's not willing to risk.

Last edited:
I don't think we are going to see Nick fight again. He seems to have some serious social anxiety issues and I think he probably deals with a lot that he doesn't share. That said and no offense to Dan but IF there was a name that could get Nick so interested to actually come back and fight I highly doubt that name is Dan Hardy.

Back