Nice save by Maragliotta

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It was blatantly obvious he stopped the fight, then changed his mind when he saw the crowd reaction and called the low blow.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better for Holland if it was stopped right there as it would have spared him from unnecessary punishment, but it definitely would have left a lot of people complaining so it’s better this way.

But yeah, Dan was definitely off tonight, he also failed to restart the fight on the ground in the Elkins fight when he had his cut checked.

He should’ve stopped the fight. He is a dunce

The truck kept showing the wrong moment. It wasn't the belt punch, when they 1st clinched Holland took a knee right up the middle. It was a few seconds before the punch.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-25.gif

@KazDibiase caught it in his gif lord thread

Last edited:
True that he changed his call

But it didn’t look like an illegal strike to me

fantastic fight - props to both for putting on a show

I actually liked to see a ref change is mind, for once and allow the fight to continue. Way too often you see refs fuck up, wave a fight and be like "yeah I waved it, it is what it is" ( Herb Dean is good at that ) At the moment I thought it was a lowblow, Holland was grimacing like he got punched there, it was a bad stoppage to stop the fight on a lowblow, I liked that Dan acknowledged it, and let the fight continue. Now if Holland faked a lowblow, that ain't Dan's fault, he was doing his job. And of course people will shit on him for actually being a good ref here, it is what it is.

This the same Dan that saw Holland KO'd by a head clash from Daukaus, let the fight go on for Daukaus to submit Holland, then call it a N/C after all that play.

The refs outside the cage told Dan he fucked up, and to call it a no contest. Dan wanted to give the win to Kyle.

Dan is one of the better refs imo but yeah, certainly wasn't all there tonight.

Dan is one of the better refs imo but yeah, certainly wasn't all there tonight.

Seriously ? The guy is not focused enough, he is slow and changes his mind all the time when it comes to stop a fight.
I know it is not an easy job but i dont get how that guy has not been put in the "mazzagatti and co" category yet

Seriously ? The guy is not focused enough, he is slow and changes his mind all the time when it comes to stop a fight.
I know it is not an easy job but i dont get how that guy has not been put in the "mazzagatti and co" category yet
I mean herb is 10x worse from what I've seen

True that he changed his call

But it didn’t look like an illegal strike to me

fantastic fight - props to both for putting on a show
Holland isn't the type of guy to fake groin strikes like Usman. You see in the replay that Holland immediately grabbed his groin. Also gotta remember these cups are bigger than the package it is covering, so shots just to the side of junk can still hurt if it hits the cup. Also another person mentioned a groin strike possibly a few strikes before that one where it was stopped.

Back